PDA

View Full Version : First time trip to kakisa river

Davidantkiw
05-07-2015, 04:56 PM
Hey everyone. I will be going to kakisa River tomorrow night after work and I'm wondering if anyone could tell me if the fishing is better toward the falls or further downstream? And I'm not gonna be upset if anyone mentioned what there favourite lure to use there is. Can't wait to sink into some grayling

HighlandHeart
05-08-2015, 12:22 AM
I've heard of people having more luck downstream using small mepps aglia in years past. The Grayling run doesn't last long, best of luck.

Davidantkiw
05-08-2015, 12:54 AM
Is it possible I'm goin up there a little to late in the run?

Talking moose
05-08-2015, 04:42 AM
Is it possible I'm goin up there a little to late in the run?

Depends on the year. Might have to get on the phone and contact local fish and wildlife to see when break up was.... Could be 3 weeks difference from one year to another. Maybe give hay river office a call.

Davidantkiw
05-08-2015, 08:19 AM
Tried calling hay river dfo office with no luck, just gonna head up there and hope for the best if there not running I'm sure there will be a couple like or walleye floating around that we could go for. Thanks for the advice

tight line
05-08-2015, 11:36 AM
You are probably a little late for the Grayling, but they could still be around

Pembina
05-08-2015, 02:02 PM
Went one year after calling the fish and wildlife office for advice and got there to find out we missed the run. A long way to go for nothing.