PDA

View Full Version : Aqua Cam vs Aqua Vu

searay
01-07-2009, 02:46 PM
I'm looking for a camera. Noticed on ebay there is a brand Aqua Cam that is a little cheaper then Aqua Vu for similiar cameras? Anyone know anything about Aqua Cam ?

Thanks

tbosch
01-07-2009, 03:02 PM
I don't know anything about either one but a buddy just bought fish tv for 200 bucks today. It looks similar to the aqua vu but it must be lacking somewhere to be so cheap. I will report once we try it out.

searay
01-07-2009, 03:06 PM
I don't know anything about either one but a buddy just bought fish tv for 200 bucks today. It looks similar to the aqua vu but it must be lacking somewhere to be so cheap. I will report once we try it out.

Thanks Tbosch. The Fish Tv camera is also on ebay. Let me know how it works out.

skykomish sunrise
01-07-2009, 03:11 PM
i got the bare bones version of the fish tv for 100 bucks last yr at the fishin hole. it is a good camera and the hole has had only 1 returned for warranty repair

matt1984
01-07-2009, 03:23 PM
I'm looking for a camera. Noticed on ebay there is a brand Aqua Cam that is a little cheaper then Aqua Vu for similiar cameras? Anyone know anything about Aqua Cam ?

Thanks

i purchased an aqua cam on ebay from crosslake sales. On top of having to pay an additional 30 dollars shipping upon arrival, the camera did not work. I contacted them and they would not exchange it,simply told me to deal with the camera manufacturer. They would not help me either so I had to make an appeal through paypal to eventually get my money back.:mad:. The camera itself did look pretty decent for the price though. If I were you I'd look at the marcum 250's or the cabelas camera both good camera's for the price. I ended up ordering a marcum vs460 through ebay, haven't used it yet but looks awesome. I really like the marcum camera's and they used to be great to deal with, not sure if it's different now that they've been bought out.

searay
01-07-2009, 04:07 PM
i purchased an aqua cam on ebay from crosslake sales. On top of having to pay an additional 30 dollars shipping upon arrival, the camera did not work. I contacted them and they would not exchange it,simply told me to deal with the camera manufacturer. They would not help me either so I had to make an appeal through paypal to eventually get my money back.:mad:. The camera itself did look pretty decent for the price though. If I were you I'd look at the marcum 250's or the cabelas camera both good camera's for the price. I ended up ordering a marcum vs460 through ebay, haven't used it yet but looks awesome. I really like the marcum camera's and they used to be great to deal with, not sure if it's different now that they've been bought out.

I was looking at those Marcum as well, is your's color ? If so is it worth it to get color ?

Badback
01-07-2009, 04:34 PM
I bought a Aqua-Vu DT 100 2 years ago from eBay and it's been a good unit...Check out Whole Sports, they have a few different brands and some start at just over $100.00....As far as compairing the different brands, I just googled the cams and compared them and picked the Aqua-vu...The good news is that they have been dropping in price since more companys are producing them....

thorne
01-07-2009, 06:56 PM
I had a marcum, just as good as the aqua view, my buddy had the fish cam, the picture was no where as good as the other two. Very noticeable when sitting next to each other (yes we had all 3 at once for comparrison) Stay away if you can from the camera with the L.E.Ds around the camera, looks like a snow storm if you turn them on in water that as alot of particles in it. The ones with the L.E.Ds on top work best, but if I am correct the non IR ones are illeagle, they have to be IR. Not sure anyone really cares, and I am sure I will be corrected (rightfully so) if I am wrong. One more thing, look at giving "The Reel Doctor" a call in Edmonton. He his easy to work with and has a few of rebuilds for a great price in all models. As for the color models, ya cool for sure, less light means less color though and it really does't matter in the end, just a one up on the other guy. Hope this helps.

Bear Ballz
01-07-2009, 09:22 PM
https://www.cabelas.ca/index.cfm?pageID=79&section=&ID=888

https://www.cabelas.ca/index.cfm?pageID=79&section=&ID=824

works awesome, clear picture.

searay
01-08-2009, 03:34 PM

Thanks , that 7 inch screen looks good and decent price.

AlbertaAngler
01-09-2009, 08:15 AM
x2 on the 7". Bought it in early December and love it. Only drawback is (as mentioned above) that the IR lights surround the lense and when the lights are on it looks like you're driving in a blizzard. I have only needed the light as it is getting dark during the day I have had no problem down to 30' (haven't tried any deeper than that)

Couleestalker
01-09-2009, 08:29 AM

Can you get the cemera down a 6" hole?

AlbertaAngler
01-09-2009, 01:12 PM
Yep. You have to angle the camera to do it but it's no problem. Once the camera is through the hole it levels itself out.

FishHound
01-09-2009, 01:48 PM
I've heard of to many problems with the Fish TV's- work ok for maybe one season and that's it. I was at the real doctor in Edmonton yesterday and there cameras where much cheaper than WSS, or the Fishin HOle. Good guys to deal with, no BS.

Mudslide
01-09-2009, 02:23 PM
I bought the Marcum 350 last year but took it back when I found out about the "snowstorm" effect. I was able to get a Marcum 380 (which has the light mounted on top) for 250 bucks and I am glad I did. This year they jumped the price another 200 bucks. I find that strange. Anyway, the Marcum 380 is a very good unit. If I was buying one right now, I'd go for the Cabela.

walleyeca
01-10-2009, 12:17 AM
Hey Guys this is THE REEL DOCTOR We have a few Used AQUA VU units for sale! Aswell as Marcum 250,350 and marcum parts! We sell all the parts for your broken Aqua vu units Aswell! We have a couple used augers right now aswell! We also have a couple of Used ice fishing Tents Now too! take care were heading up north for jumbo perch tommorow should be awesome Pics to fiollow!CYA!

walleyeca
01-10-2009, 12:18 AM
:tongue2:DONT TOUCH AQUA-CAM!!!!!!!DISASTER!!!!!!!!

JohnnyCustom
01-10-2009, 03:23 AM
I have an Aqua-Vu Explorer series and it works great. The battery life on it is excellent. Comes with everything you need.

walleyeca
01-12-2009, 07:46 PM
A very nice unit! Compact,Lightweight and affordable!

npauls
01-12-2009, 10:55 PM
Hey reel guy,

If I wanted to buy a cam off of you would I have to buy it in your shop or is there some way of purchasing one over the net and having it shipped to lethbridge? I have been looking at cams for awhile now and kind of want to get one like my buddies aqua vu scout 2. A model like that seems pretty much perfect for me. Any info you can give me would be great.

Thanks,

Nate

addicted
01-12-2009, 11:05 PM
Just bought a camera today the Aqua Vu 4x4 off the reel doctor himself thanks for the help and the conversation Trevor, to everyone else these are the guys u want to deal with when purchasing some good equipment, with no BS attached. I can't wait to try it out this weekend:)

tbosch
01-13-2009, 05:49 AM
Thanks Tbosch. The Fish Tv camera is also on ebay. Let me know how it works out.

They said the fish tv worked great and they had no complaints at all. They figured they could see out to about 30 feet underwater in sylvan lake.

searay
01-13-2009, 09:17 AM
They said the fish tv worked great and they had no complaints at all. They figured they could see out to about 30 feet underwater in sylvan lake.

Thanks man... Good to know.