PDA

View Full Version : Reg question ?

CK Angler
05-11-2015, 12:28 PM
If a stream or creek is currently closed but the main river it meets is open, can you fish the mouth of said stream/creek? is there a certain distance from the mouth you need to be?

In zone NB4 there is a creek I like to fish that doesn't open until June, but it runs to the Athabasca which is year round. I like to fish at the mouth this time of year, I don't see an issue because as I see it my line is being thrown into the Athabasca.

Thoughts ?

DiabeticKripple
05-11-2015, 01:25 PM
as long as your line is in the athabasca its cool.

if you turn and cast one into the stream thats illegal

rycoma
05-11-2015, 04:16 PM
Unless it states you can fish into the feeder stream then no. Example the bow and highwood river it states 500 meters into the highwood from the bow.

rycoma
05-11-2015, 04:26 PM
Unless it states you can fish into the feeder stream then no. Example the bow and highwood river it states 500 meters into the highwood from the bow is still considered the bow river and follows its rules and regs.

CK Angler
05-11-2015, 05:26 PM
Unless it states you can fish into the feeder stream then no. Example the bow and highwood river it states 500 meters into the highwood from the bow is still considered the bow river and follows its rules and regs.

The thing is it doesn't state that you can or cannot. At least not that I can see. It's zone NB4 And the stream is unlisted

I put a call into F&W... Haven't received a call back yet...

Adwittoutdoors
05-11-2015, 07:06 PM
I was told by a fish cop as long as you stay in the main rivers high water mark you are ok. As was mentioned earlier don't cast back into the tributary. I was on the NSR and I checked the regs and it was very vague. Didn't say anything about being a certain distance away. Also on a funny note I had just warned a few guys about whitemud creek being closed and they moved farther down and preceded to get busted for having no licence and having beer. Out of 8 guys two were aloud to keep their rods and I watched for five minutes as they all poured out their beer. Smart like stick. Lmao.

CK Angler
05-11-2015, 07:49 PM
Ya, that's what I was thinking, keep my line in the Athabasca.

There was one time I ran into F&W officer fishing where the clear water and Athabasca rivers meet, it was Still May, chatted with him and he said if I cast to the left, im fine, I cast to the right into the clear water he could charge me.

Would sure love for them to call me back for peace of mind, but I really don't see an issue, regs don't state any distance for my zone and I'm fishing the Athabasca, which is open

Let's go fishing! :sHa_shakeshout:

Adwittoutdoors
05-11-2015, 10:22 PM
That's what I thought too. I read and it wasn't there so the fish cop would have to point it out to me in the regs. I'd be pizzed if I got a ticket and it wasn't in or wasn't clear in the regs. Fish on my friend , fish on. Lol