PDA

View Full Version : May Long Weekend Fishing

embury93
05-11-2015, 05:44 PM
Im curious if anyone knows if F&W will open up a free fishing weekend like they did last year during may long weekend.

Talking moose
05-11-2015, 05:47 PM
I believe it happens every year

Hugenuge
05-11-2015, 05:48 PM
Im curious if anyone knows if F&W will open up a free fishing weekend like they did last year during may long weekend.

What do you mean by free fishing weekend i never heard about this before?

embury93
05-11-2015, 06:02 PM
What do you mean by free fishing weekend i never heard about this before?
Every year once in February and again in July they have a family free fishing weekend. This year it is Feb 14-16 & July 11-12 but last year during may long weekend F&W opened up fishing for anyone in any Lake or River for the may long weekend, they dont do this all the time thats why I wanted to know if maybe they were considering doing it this year again.

Here is last years article: http://globalnews.ca/news/1337759/albertans-can-fish-for-free-this-may-long-weekend/

Bushmonkey
05-11-2015, 06:11 PM
I think they made last may long a free fishing thing because there was a screw up in the liscencing system.

diamond k
05-11-2015, 06:33 PM
Only opened it as licensing system went down. They said that it was because they did not want to ruin anyones long weekend by not letting them fish but I suspect it also had to do with not gettingcharges to stick if you were not able to purchase.

I would not count on it being open with no license for all again.

bubba 96
05-11-2015, 07:03 PM

Taken from 2015/2016 fishing regs....anything needed about fishing in ab usually in here....

Free Fishing Weekends

National Fishing Week July 6-12, 2015
Canada’s National Fishing Week is scheduled for July 6-12.
Alberta has teamed with other provincial, territorial and federal governments and private partners to promote the enjoyment and tradition of sportfishing. For more information please contact your local Fish and Wildlife office.

FREE Fishing Weekends July 11-12, 2015 & February 13-15, 2016
To encourage folks to give fishing a try, any person may fish without an Alberta Sportfishing Licence on these dates but they must follow all other rules and regulations as outlined in this guide. These weekends coincide with Canada’s National Fishing Week and Alberta Family Day.

embury93
05-11-2015, 07:35 PM
Taken from 2015/2016 fishing regs....anything needed about fishing in ab usually in here....

Free Fishing Weekends

National Fishing Week July 6-12, 2015
Canada’s National Fishing Week is scheduled for July 6-12.
Alberta has teamed with other provincial, territorial and federal governments and private partners to promote the enjoyment and tradition of sportfishing. For more information please contact your local Fish and Wildlife office.

FREE Fishing Weekends July 11-12, 2015 & February 13-15, 2016
To encourage folks to give fishing a try, any person may fish without an Alberta Sportfishing Licence on these dates but they must follow all other rules and regulations as outlined in this guide. These weekends coincide with Canada’s National Fishing Week and Alberta Family Day.

Thanks I've read the regulations its just last year it wasnt in the regulations when they opened up the may long weekend for fishing but I believe that what was previous said about the licensing system going down was why they opened it which makes a lot of sense.