PDA

View Full Version : Lac La Biche help needed

HyperMOA
05-13-2015, 10:27 AM
I have never fished Lac La Biche. I am not looking for any secret spots either. My brother was just transferred from Sask to Lac La Biche about 2 months ago. Neither of us have been on the lake before but we have heard many horror stories of sand bars and rocks and other navigation hazards. He has a pontoon boat and was wondering if anyone can tell us where to go and where to stay away from. Is there good places to stick to? All of his coworkers are new to LLB as well and aren't any help. We are hoping to go out this weekend. (I will have to double check but am fairly confident the season opens Friday.) Thanks in advance.

FishAb
05-14-2015, 01:09 PM
Hey, if you pm i can give you a map outlining some amazing spots i fish that always produce, exact locations.

Talking moose
05-14-2015, 01:22 PM
Hey, if you pm i can give you a map outlining some amazing spots i fish that always produce, exact locations.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/14/515c5ebabe87b00e954de0942c443387.jpg

curtis_rak
05-14-2015, 04:45 PM
There is a steep drop off near the Mission, almost straight north of it. You can see it on a bathymetric map of the lake. Ice fished there with great results...

HowSwedeItIs
05-14-2015, 05:07 PM
I'm glad someone told you about all the sand bars, you'll definitely want to take her slow and wide around any projections of land into the lake, as they extend quite far under the water. If you use the boat launch by the provincial park, you can follow the shoreline northwest until you reach the day-use beach, always a lot of decent Pike off to either side of it in 12-15 feet of water.

deschambault
05-14-2015, 07:07 PM
There is a rock island in the middle - be very careful between it and the Provincial Park Island as there is a long ridge of big rocks that like to eat boat props. Other than that I haven't had any major problems on the lake.

w_worbeck
05-17-2015, 10:56 PM
Go find 25 feet drop small hook catch perch I have not been skunked yet. I go to never for walleye. And a lot less water hazards. Only five minutes south of town. Lots of eves if you put out at youngs beach