PDA

View Full Version : Crawling Valley Reservoir

Hooker
05-13-2015, 08:18 PM
Had an awesome day on Crawling Valley yesterday (May 12). The weather was a little cool and windy but easily handled. Caught one Walleye (3 lb. 4 oz.) and let it go. If I caught one Pike I caught 30. My son in law caught over 20. We quit counting at 15. One bite after another. Have GOT to get back there next week.

slivers86
05-13-2015, 08:39 PM
from shore on off the boat? I gotta get after some hammers soon!

stob
05-13-2015, 09:12 PM
that is the early season fishing at CV - try the back bays and flats on east side for walleyes - the eyes usually don't strap on the feedbags until the cotton flies - but lotsa fun for everyone

Hooker
05-15-2015, 08:44 PM
Off the boat. All by trolling. The only people I saw fishing from shore were at the campground. Looks like high winds are forecast for the next few days which will make things a little miserable.

Hooker
05-17-2015, 08:42 AM
Yes, you're right. I've seen them too but usually later in the season. I have my suspicions as to what species of fish they are after but never got close enough to see their catch. The Fish & Wildlife officers need to start making some patrols in these areas but because of lack of personnel over the years that isn't likely to happen. All in the name of cutting the budget.