PDA

View Full Version : Bow River Patrol

The Fisherman Guy
05-13-2015, 09:31 PM
Fly fishing the Bow in Calgary today, and heard a jet boat motor approaching from behind me - over the howling wind.

Was pleased to see Fish & Wildlife officers in a brand new aluminum jet boat with a new 60hp Yamaha jet drive on the back. Great to see our enforcement out on the river, in a new boat. Very pleasant guys, and professional. Checked our licenses and chatted for a few minutes, then continued on their way.

First time being checked by a boat on the Bow, I hope to see them more frequently. Thanks guys for your personable professionalism, even though it was a cool evening, I'm sure it beats a day in an office!

JareS
05-17-2015, 08:14 PM
Great to hear. Saw my first Alberta CO in years this afternoon at Mt. Lorette Ponds. Would love to see them around more often for sure

bloopbloob
05-17-2015, 11:25 PM
I lived in Calgary for several years. I was surprised by the amount of enforcement on the river. I was checked maybe 6 times in 30 trips to the Bow. First time was a Sea Doo zipping up to me while shore fishing. Never seen that before. Glad they're out there!

Kokanee9
05-18-2015, 12:56 PM
I saw that boat (trailered) drive by me near Glenmore trail and the river.

slivers86
05-19-2015, 06:34 AM
The only place I've ever been checked during open water season, was at carseland because someone said I was poaching! I had a good laugh with the fella who came by, while he taught me how to properly tie my hooks on as I was a complete noob...

The bow I have never seen a CO even walking, boating anything! Nor on a lot of C&R streams I hit!