PDA

View Full Version : Egypt Lake

nube
05-14-2015, 11:00 AM
I am hopefull that a few of you guys can help me out some. I have been planning the last few years a hiking trip for a group of friends of mine and their young kids every year. Last time we did 54 KM with 8 adults and 12 girls under age 14 around Mount Robson.
This year I am planning for a trip to hike the Egypt lake trail. We have 15 fathers and so many kids I can't count all aged 14 and younger. I remember the fishing in the creek pretty good in some pools along the way for Brookies I think but I don't remember much else.
Has anyone fished that area?
Can you give me a few tips of which lakes to hit in there and what seems to work for hooks and such. It would make it a real fun trip for the kids if they could catch a fish or 2 while doing the hike.

Also it has been years but if I remember right I have to get a park fishing pass along with my general fishing license as well right?
Thanks
It should be another trip to remember for these young kids and their dads

McLeod
05-14-2015, 12:46 PM
You need a National parks fishing license. The lakes open July 1st . Don't keep any fish and small spinners or a parachute adams on a flyrod or with a bobber will work. NO BAIT ! If you want specific details on certain water bodies send me a message.
Book your campsite early as this area is popular ..

nube
05-14-2015, 01:37 PM
Thanks. i will give you a shout once I figure out what lakes and streams there are. We booked the cabin and about 6 other camp pads. It took us all morning calling on the opening day to book and got it all figured out. We will be going on August 1st for a few days. I'm taking 3 of my 4 kids and it will be a blast with all the other kids as well. Most of them know each other so it will be a good memory for them all