PDA

View Full Version : Photographing fish a crime?

slivers86
05-14-2015, 09:13 PM
Check it out guys, could be coming to a stream/lake near you!

http://www.syracuse.com/outdoors/index.ssf/2015/05/new_law_photographing_fish_caught_out_of_season_a_ ticketable_offense.html#incart_river

Hydro1
05-14-2015, 10:58 PM
I dont really see anything wrong with that.
Threatened species need all of the protection they can.
Not everyone can snap a picture in 10 seconds and release a fish.
Have seen people holding a 0 limit fish fumbling for there camera. Then wonder why the little fishy is floating when its put back in the water.

slivers86
05-15-2015, 02:01 AM
I agree hydro.

I find the best photo's are taken (with trout atleast) with one hand under the belly, held just out of the water... they seem to know all ya want is 15 seconds, and than a quick release!

Had a few big girls though that just wanted to go as quick as ya reel them in, that's fine, but some folk's keep them kicking at shore for a long time!

coors04
05-16-2015, 10:02 AM
The first are more important then a pic. But sadly some people will do anything to get a pic. If I'm by my self there's a %90 chance there won't be a pic unless it's being kept or I can keep it in the water. I would love to see parents with there kids at Sylvan lake when it's +25 showing them how to handle walleye without putting them on a dock and gently stepping on them cause they are scared of the spikes.

Lefty-Canuck
05-16-2015, 10:31 AM
The first are more important then a pic. But sadly some people will do anything to get a pic. If I'm by my self there's a %90 chance there won't be a pic unless it's being kept or I can keep it in the water. I would love to see parents with there kids at Sylvan lake when it's +25 showing them how to handle walleye without putting them on a dock and gently stepping on them cause they are scared of the spikes.

Agreed...I can't count how many times I have cringed watching people handle pike and walleye...for MINUTES out of the water all in the name of a picture.

LC