PDA

View Full Version : boundary between bearspaw and bow river

cc2015
05-15-2015, 02:15 PM
I called the Calgary fishing office and asked where is the boundary between bearspaw reservoir and the bow river, so people can fish the trout now. The lady, who answered the call, told me that bearspaw reservoir is a part of bow river and can not fishing trout now. I told her in the regulation bearspaw reservoir is separated and open all year. but she insists her point of view.

I think it might be better to confirm this here.

Could any one help to confirm whether bearspaw reservoir is open now and WHERE is the boundary between bearspaw reservoir and bow river (Such as, from the Dam upstream for 1 mile belongs to the reservoir and further belongs to bow river)?

Thanks.

artie
05-15-2015, 05:58 PM
A few years back before the flood when the elbow river changed and went into Allen Bill pond then the regulations changed and Allen Bill pond came under the Elbow river regulations. So I guess it would be best to call again and aske to speak to an officer or go down to the office and work it through.

Hydro1
05-15-2015, 06:12 PM
Not trying to derail your thread but..

The people who answer the calls at f&w offices are almost always not officers themselves.
Take what they say with a grain of salt.
The amount of wrong information some of them spew is Ridiculous.
Just my. 02cents

the local angler
05-15-2015, 08:01 PM
i agree with hydro1 i go right into the office on 12th and its usually the receptionist that answer and the odd time a CO will be near by to answer something.