PDA

View Full Version : Guided fishing trips - Calling Lake

German
05-20-2015, 05:58 AM
Just curious, does anybody that you know of host small guided fishing trips to Calling Lake and Orloff Lake?

Kurt505
05-20-2015, 07:39 AM
You can try Chris McKinnon, he has a hunting outfit situated right on the shore of calling lake and he's got a boat his hunting clients use, but if you have a boat, or can rent a boat you'll have no problem finding fish on calling lake. I don't know about Orloff though.

Athabasca
05-20-2015, 09:34 PM
Just curious, does anybody that you know of host small guided fishing trips to Calling Lake and Orloff Lake?

Try Reel angling Adventures.
www.reelangling.com

Jamie Black R/T
05-20-2015, 11:47 PM
Try Reel angling Adventures.
www.reelangling.com
This

Ray will get you into fish

Kim473
05-21-2015, 05:53 AM
Just look where the other boats are and fish there. No guide needed.

GStyler
05-21-2015, 08:48 AM
Just look where the other boats are and fish there. No guide needed.

Boooooo!

Get your own spot. Why do people assume the other guy has any idea what he's doing whatsoever? Maybe the guy in the other boat is just as useless as you are.

German
05-21-2015, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the ideas guys.

Lowrance Fishburn
05-21-2015, 01:32 PM
No guide needed for Calling lake at all. Just bounce a lindy rig off the bottom while trolling slowly. Start when u are unable to see bottom and drift out until you get a bite then stop around there for a while. Tip your lindy rig with a leech or a worm ( i prefer leech).

Once you've found an area holding fish u can troll around there or toss out a jig and tip it with the same.

If you are looking for pike just find any weed beds left over from winter and toss your best lure out in around 6-12 feet of water.

you wont have trouble and u should not need a guide..only my opinion

Best of luck.

Kim473
05-22-2015, 05:00 AM
Boooooo!

Get your own spot. Why do people assume the other guy has any idea what he's doing whatsoever? Maybe the guy in the other boat is just as useless as you are.

Your gonna argue that 20 or more boats in an area that the area has no fish right. And on those 20 boats, all the people are useless. You obviously have never fished Calling lake. Sometimes there are so many boats that it's hard to find a spot to anchor. PS: No need for name calling or start fights here either.

12 to 20 FOW depending on the day how deep the fish are holding. Fish or depth finder is usefull because of this. Str8 out from Provincial boat launch or VW point. Like I said, look where the other boats are fishing for a start. Bounce a jig tiped with a Gulp leach on the bottom. I like to start with white or pink jig head there. If no bites then change the colour. I also like to wind drift here, weather permitting. You should have a fish on within 15 mins of hook in the water. No need for a guide on this lake.

Rage.0
05-22-2015, 09:23 AM
Calling lake is just a bowl, very easy to find good fishing spots. Like the other guy said, lindy rig it up and it wont take long for a hook up. I don't support encroaching in on others spots. If they move feel free to check their spot out but lets all respect each others space out there.