PDA

View Full Version : salmon fishing at Comox update

goose
05-20-2015, 10:34 AM
Hello all, well the weather was unbelievable this past week with very light winds in the Comox area. We fished every day at Kitty Coleman hump and surrounding area. For the most part we fished at 200-250 feet of water with Tomic plugs that were 6" in length. We did try other lures like hootchies and spoons but the Tomic plugs worked best. The best Tomic plug was the solid white or a uv white plug followed by a yellow and silver plug. On the last day I tried trolling at 80 feet and nailed them pretty good so I guess they are all through the water column in that area now. The biggest we landed was 19 pounds but most averaged between 13-15 pounds. They seem to be there in good numbers right now. My wife accidently erased all of my pictures sadly so I have nothing but memories hahaha. We did stay away from fishing on top of the hump and stayed to the edges of the area and out fished most of the boats. It was one of those times where big bait/lures equaled bigger fish.

Cheers
Goose :sHa_shakeshout:

58thecat
05-21-2015, 06:39 AM
Too bad on the pictures being erased, Comox and surrounding area is very nice, will be there soon enough, thanks for the update.