PDA

View Full Version : Official list of whos involved in the fly swap.

Big.Bear
01-09-2009, 11:41 AM
Here is a list of who is participating in the fly swap. If I missed anyone PM me right away. Tomorrow I will send out the info and deadline of when the fly's have to be tied and sent.

myself .LOON. RECEIVED
Kingfisher RECEIVED
tbosch RECEIVED
AlbertaAngler RECEIVED
spudislander RECEIVED
Albertabowhunter
honda450 RECEIVED
BIGBADJOHN RECEIVED
Mudslide RECEIVED
guysmileyRECEIVED
Big Bull RECEIVED
catnthehat RECEIVED

honda450
01-10-2009, 05:30 AM
We need one more person.:wave:

Big.Bear
01-10-2009, 09:29 AM
thanks for the bump Honda, I will be sending everyone the details later this afternoon so 1 more person still has a chance.

catnthehat
01-10-2009, 10:14 AM
How many flies do we need ?
Count me in!
Cat

Big.Bear
01-10-2009, 10:20 AM
Thanks cat, everyone will get the rest od the details PM's to them later this afternoon.

Big.Bear
01-10-2009, 05:11 PM
Ok I sent everyone involved a PM with the directions. Halfway through I realized I never put the address to send the fly's to so if you did not get a PM with the address let me know and ill send it to you.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
01-10-2009, 05:28 PM
:sick::sick::sick::sick:I feel violated the way you emailed me asking for sharp pokey things . poke this :cry::cry::cry:
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii122/JOHN_CONROY/squirrelterrorist-3.jpg

Let the hook building begin yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Big.Bear
01-11-2009, 03:37 PM
Hey guys I still need to hear from a few of you. Please reply to the message I sent.

guysmiley
01-12-2009, 03:48 PM
I just wanted to take the time to thank Loon for organizing this. I had some very enjoyable time at the vise last night. This was the push I needed to get back into tying.

Thanks again.

Garrick.

tbosch
01-12-2009, 04:09 PM
Hey Loon just wondering what the rules are for the flies. SHould I be tying 12 copies of one pattern or 12 different patterns? And as mentioned above thank you for organizing this swap. It is a great way for me to challenge myself to become a better fly tyer and learn new patterns. We should make this swap a seasonal thing if it works out well. A swap for ice off, swap for clear rivers, swap for fall etc. (thats if we have time to tie amongst all the fishing).

Okotokian
01-12-2009, 04:27 PM
Here is a list of who is participating in the fly swap. If I missed anyone PM me right away. Tomorrow I will send out the info and deadline of when the fly's have to be tied and sent.

BIGBADJOHN

I wanna see his flies. Can you send dynamite tied to a hook through the mail? :lol:

just funnin' ya big guy. ;)

Big.Bear
01-12-2009, 04:30 PM
Hey Loon just wondering what the rules are for the flies. SHould I be tying 12 copies of one pattern or 12 different patterns? And as mentioned above thank you for organizing this swap. It is a great way for me to challenge myself to become a better fly tyer and learn new patterns. We should make this swap a seasonal thing if it works out well. A swap for ice off, swap for clear rivers, swap for fall etc. (thats if we have time to tie amongst all the fishing).

12 of the same kind please!

and no problem, thought we needed to do something now around here lol.

Big.Bear
01-12-2009, 04:32 PM
I wanna see his flies. Can you send dynamite tied to a hook through the mail? :lol:

Dynamite?? He told me floating C4??? BBJ YOU LIAR... Ill send BBJ him my turd fly special;)

Big.Bear
01-12-2009, 04:33 PM
I just wanted to take the time to thank Loon for organizing this. I had some very enjoyable time at the vise last night. This was the push I needed to get back into tying.

Thanks again.

Garrick.

Anytime buddy,:cool:

Big.Bear
01-12-2009, 04:36 PM
Normally In a fly swap there is a genre of fly everyone has to Tie. Like one swap will be a chironomid swap where everyone has to tie there favorite chironomid. But this one is just to get people tying and for fun. Normally people involved have to send postage but I got this one covered:cool:

Albertabowhunter
01-12-2009, 04:47 PM
Hmmm, I only have 13 days left to tie 12 flies..... 1 fly per day, I'll start tomorrow... :)

Big.Bear
01-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Lol

catnthehat
01-12-2009, 08:55 PM

Thanks again.

Garrick.
Unfortunaly due to time constraints and being unable to contact the friend who bought my gear I would likely not be able to make even that deadline, so I contacted the Fishing Hole and got them to ship me a dozen weighted#4 olive Matukas .:o
like bigger flies for walleye and pike, but a #4 is not out of the question for bigger trout or Goldeye, so I figured that would be okay.

Cat

Big.Bear
01-12-2009, 09:23 PM
Unfortunaly due to time constraints and being unable to contact the friend who bought my gear I would likely not be able to make even that deadline, so I contacted the Fishing Hole and got them to ship me a dozen weighted#4 olive Matukas .:o
like bigger flies for walleye and pike, but a #4 is not out of the question for bigger trout or Goldeye, so I figured that would be okay.

Cat

lol, that's not a problem at all. Glad you managed to stay in:cool:

01-12-2009, 10:27 PM

THATS IT IN GONNA TIE A BOTTLE ROCKET TO YOURS.

HMMMMMMMMMM:evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin:

honda450
01-13-2009, 02:04 PM
Sent my flys off to ya today for the swap. Remind me never to go to the fishin hole again. Very poor customer service and I was the only one in the store. Like the old guy at the fly counter at Wholesale alot better. Very poor selection of flys to boot. :wave:

Big.Bear
01-15-2009, 04:43 PM
Hey everyone, Iv started getting some flys in already (thanks for the quick shipment Honda450) and theres looking mighty fine!!!

If anyone has not got my address to send the flys to please pm me!!!!!

Big.Bear
01-17-2009, 10:51 PM
Hey everyone,

BigBull hurt his hand so I will tie his 12 fly's for him. Hate to see a guy leave the swap like that.

honda450
01-18-2009, 01:09 PM
Well got those flys you tied for me today Loon. Nice job thank you very much. Your an amazing craftsman. I recommend this guy for anyone out there.:wave:

Rating A+++++.

Kingfisher
01-20-2009, 01:03 AM
Got my flies all tied, and they'll be off in the mail tomorrow.

01-20-2009, 01:24 AM
Shipped mine today I forgot to send them as I was away for the weekend.

guysmiley
01-20-2009, 03:37 PM
I should wrap mine up tonight and ship them out tommorow.

Garrick.

tbosch
01-21-2009, 11:48 AM
Shipped mine this morning. Should be there in time.

Bassett
01-21-2009, 05:14 PM
Hey .LOON. can you post pics of the flies? wouldnt mind seeing some of the pics after all you put all that work in you should brag:evilgrin:

Big.Bear
01-21-2009, 07:19 PM
I will post pictures as soon as I get all of the flys in

Big.Bear
01-22-2009, 01:46 PM
BBJ, your flys came in today, good job!

Big.Bear
01-23-2009, 07:09 PM
Spudislander I got your flys today. They Look good!!!!!

tbosch
01-23-2009, 07:15 PM
Loon I sent you a PM. My flies were returned today due to insufficient postage. (The envelope was about 1/8" oversize i'm guessing). I'll send them tonight. Sorry to all for holding up the swap.

Big.Bear
01-23-2009, 07:18 PM
Loon I sent you a PM. My flies were returned today due to insufficient postage. (The envelope was about 1/8" oversize i'm guessing). I'll send them tonight. Sorry to all for holding up the swap.

NO TBOSCH YOUR OUT OF THE SWAP:mad3::mad3:

JUST JOKING BUDDY!!!!!!!!!

no worries, still waiting for about 8 others to send theirs to. Its all good:cool::cool:

spudislander
01-24-2009, 06:37 AM
Spudislander I got your flys today. They Look good!!!!!

Thanks man.

01-24-2009, 11:54 AM
BBJ, your flys came in today, good job!

THEY BETTER BE OTHERWISE ID BE OUT OF A JOB :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Big.Bear
01-24-2009, 12:14 PM
BBJ I thought I told you dynamite tied to a hook was not allowed!!!!!!!

Now you have to send everyone your magazine.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/ffisherman/DynamiteFishing_sml.jpg

honda450
01-24-2009, 01:31 PM
Almost as bad as Redneck Posse's fish finder.:lol::lol::lol:

Big.Bear
01-24-2009, 01:37 PM

:lol::lol: BAHAHA thats funny.

01-24-2009, 08:52 PM

Sad thing is he still gets skunked .

Big.Bear
01-27-2009, 01:01 PM
I must say props to Kingfisher. You are all in for some VERY NICE patterns.

Very impressive!!!!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool::D:D:D:D

Mudslide
01-27-2009, 01:21 PM
Hey guys. Mine went into the mail yesterday. Hopefully Kingfisher's patterns will compensate for the ordinary quality of mine. I was surprised at the cost and it made me think we need to cover any charges that Loon might encounter. Thanks for doing this Loon. I'm wondering if we can meet up on the ice somewhere and do the exchange that way. Any suggestions?

BTW the clip fit like a glove.
Thanks again
Greg

Your surprise is still coming. ;)

Big.Bear
01-27-2009, 03:25 PM
Yeah since it was the first swap here I thought I would cover everything!!

Some guys still sent some shipping money which is greatly appreciated!

I will host another swap once this one is finished as some people never made it into this one, first come first serve kinda deal. I would love to meet up with you Mudslide but I'm not doing much of anything until I find a job, got laid off and got a baby Girl due in March so I cannot do as much ice fishing or fun activities. Just lots of fly tying lol.

A fly swap is a great way to see creative and new ideas, especially if your just a beginner. NO ONE feel there flys are not top quality as everyone's flys are greatly appreciated!!!!!

spudislander
01-28-2009, 04:38 PM
Can we a see a picture of all the flies?

Kingfisher
01-29-2009, 02:05 AM
Hey Loony, maybe you can edit the first post as the flies arrive and put beside the name of each person who's flies that you have already received. That way we all know how close your getting to having all the flies.

Example

Loon - Flies received
Kingfisher -Flies recieved
So and So - Flies sent

I've hosted a lot of swaps and that at least keeps everyone's interest and let's them know roughly how long until they might see some flies coming their way. It also gives the odd one who might be dragging their feet a little incentive to get their butt's in gear.

Cheers,
Rob

AlbertaAngler
01-29-2009, 09:25 AM
I sent mine last thursday Loon, should be there.

Big.Bear
01-29-2009, 11:43 AM
I received a small white box with conehead leeches in it but it did not say who its from...please PM me so I know whos they are!!!!

I updated the list, was going to do it sooner but have been busy.

Next swap I will be stricter with the time limit rules. This was the first swap for this site so im taking it easy.

good job everyone! there looking nice!

Kingfisher
01-30-2009, 02:30 AM
That's funny about the unclaimed conehead leeches. If noone owns up to it you can just send them to me and I'll make sure they get taken care of. :innocent:

Good job on the editing the first post there Loon.

Your right about the deadline thing. It's important to have a firm deadline.

Cheers

guysmiley
01-30-2009, 08:46 AM
The cone heads are from me.... and they were on time!

Garrick.

Kingfisher
01-31-2009, 01:23 AM
Damn, so I don't get to keep them. At least I'll get one of them.

I can't wait to see the flies. Should be an interesting mix. That's what's nice about doing a swap. You just never know what your going to be getting.

You might get a fly from a newbie that doesn't look like anything you might tie yourself. But on that day when you just aren't catching anything you reach for something different and grab the newbie's fly and wham you're into a fish.

Just because a fly looks good doesn't nessarily mean it's going to catch you fish. In fact I like fishing with Tom Thumb flies just because the more fish you catch on them the more ratty they become and they still catch fish even if they look like crap.

Albertabowhunter
01-31-2009, 10:54 AM
Sorry about the delays.... some stuff came up... I'll have them in the mail by Monday morning... again my apologies... they are mostly done...3 left... :o

I need the address where to send them though...

Big.Bear
01-31-2009, 12:38 PM
Sorry about the delays.... some stuff came up... I'll have them in the mail by Monday morning... again my apologies... they are mostly done...3 left... :o

I need the address where to send them though...

JEEZ:rolleye2::rolleye2::rolleye2:

just kidding, no problem buddy...

Kodiak
01-31-2009, 12:53 PM
Forgive me for my ignorance, left my glasses at work.

Do you guys have an old Dude by the name of ROCKY involved ?? Likes Bluegrass.....

If so, when I was a kid, he took me to Kanaskis in the late 80's, I caught my biggest Rainbow to date with him .......... we ate da mudda, 10lbs, 3 oz

Hell of a guy

Kod.

Big.Bear
01-31-2009, 01:00 PM
no he is not involved.

01-31-2009, 06:15 PM
Holy crow I dont wanna be the Arsehole of the clan but this thing is taking forever ... Shoulda had a set dead line .. ah well not bad for the first time .

Big.Bear
01-31-2009, 06:21 PM
Holy crow I dont wanna be the Arsehole of the clan but this thing is taking forever ... Shoulda had a set dead line .. ah well not bad for the first time .

Fly swaps normally are not quick, and I did set a deadline and the people who were late messaged me. One person was late because they were injured. I have done LOTS of fly swaps, like I said its the first time for the site and its going good. so I wouldn't be complaining. Some of the flys people sent are very nice and take time to tie. One person (aka kingfisher) was VERY NICE and sent 48 flys...so he made 4 for each person. I have yet to meet anyone else who has done that.

good job to all involved!!!!

“He that can have Patience, can have what he will”

01-31-2009, 06:40 PM
Fly swaps normally are not quick, and I did set a deadline and the people who were late messaged me. One person was late because they were injured. I have done LOTS of fly swaps, like I said its the first time for the site and its going good. so I wouldn't be complaining. Some of the flys people sent are very nice and take time to tie. One person (aka kingfisher) was VERY NICE and sent 48 flys...so he made 4 for each person. I have yet to meet anyone else who has done that.

good job to all involved!!!!

thats why in not a trout fishermen LOL . Ah well its all good , Things are defenetly going well yes , but I thought the dead line was the 20th thinking that I was late in getting mine due to being busy . Anyway Its all good . Maybe we can do another hook , or fly swap sometime soon , but do it with something other then just flys might get alot more interest . But its all good Ill shut up , I think its nap time .

Big.Bear
01-31-2009, 06:43 PM
thats why in not a trout fishermen LOL . Ah well its all good , Things are defenetly going well yes , but I thought the dead line was the 20th thinking that I was late in getting mine due to being busy . Anyway Its all good . Maybe we can do another hook , or fly swap sometime soon , but do it with something other then just flys might get alot more interest . But its all good Ill shut up , I think its nap time .

I believe in the message I sent I said the deadline to have them sent out was the 20-22. So either way its close. Yeah I might do a swap with everything, but for people that don't gear fish the hook they get may not be use full. Like I said ill eventually do one for jigs, wire worms etc but there are allot of flyfishers on here that want in on the next fly swap so ill stick with just flys for the next one.

honda450
01-31-2009, 08:00 PM
Thanks Loon for setting this whole fly swap up. And thank you also kingfisher with the extra flys. Well we are all so busy and things take time. A few days extra will not hurt. I look forward to seeing what I get returned no doubt I will not be disappointed. No matter I will be in the next fly swap for sure. Thanks to all who participated.:wave:

spudislander
01-31-2009, 09:08 PM
Loon, thanks again for quarterbacking this. Patience is a virtue which the fly tier must master. Sadly I'm like a 10 year old on Christmas eve here. I've already started tying for the next swap. So whenever you plan on setting up the next one Loon, if you are still willing, I'm in.

And thanks to kingfisher for tying the extra flies.

Big.Bear
01-31-2009, 09:44 PM
Loon, thanks again for quarterbacking this. Patience is a virtue which the fly tier must master. Sadly I'm like a 10 year old on Christmas eve here. I've already started tying for the next swap. So whenever you plan on setting up the next one Loon, if you are still willing, I'm in.

And thanks to kingfisher for tying the extra flies.

No problem, once everyone receives there flys from this swap I will start another so keep an eye out for a new posting for a new swap.

Glad your enjoying it!