PDA

View Full Version : Portable shower

FiveO
03-09-2007, 01:48 PM
Thinking about building a portable shower for camp. I have an propane bunsin style heater and was thinking i could put a 5 gal metal pal ontop and a 12v pump of some sort to get the flow and run the power for the pump off the Qaud.
Anyone built one or have any suggestions?.

Dan
03-09-2007, 03:33 PM
I'm trying to make one as well for my camp. I need hot water for dishes and clean up too.
I think the problem with the propane heater is it will get too hot. I think you need to get the water circulating when it reaches a certain temperature.
I was looking into using copper tubing against a blackground and getting the sun to warm up the pipe with water in it, and then when it hits a certain temperature it would circulate into a storage like a thermos. But the price of copper tubing blew that idea out the window.
back to the drawing board.

7 REM MAG
03-09-2007, 07:38 PM
generator and a household hot water heater from the bargain finder

straitshooter
03-09-2007, 08:45 PM
My son and i have one from an old beer keg and it works awesome,we have a propane burner as well and we use a thermonater to tell us the temp.,the pump is out of a old rv-12volt,and we have a battery for a quad we bought at bumper to bumper,to which can be charged by the quad or a set of booster cables,small gen.set.Put a shower saver at the end.

BL
03-09-2007, 09:25 PM
A buddy of mine (by the way I have never seen this) has an old milk can partially full of water sitting on the wood stove. He takes water out of it when he requires it and can adjust the water temp by adding cool water, etc. For a shower he has it rigged up so all he has to do is screw in a metal tube (adjustable) with a shower type of end. He sits it on a shelf between 2 trees. BL

newatthis
03-11-2007, 08:09 PM
I boil it when I get into camp and put it back into the 5 gallon Igloo cooler and mix it a little warm with some cold water and do the dishes for 2-3 days after it is heated with it in the cooler of hot water. And after that you can always reheat it again on the propane stove in the 10 gallon pot. I also fill a bag shower with 2 gallons and use the shower in the old trailer and let it drain out the floror drain onto the ground. 5 gallons of hot weater will get 2 guys with ....... 2 SEPERATE SHOWERS!!!!!!NO SHARING ALLOWED AT MY DEER CAMP. And a bag shower only cost 5-10 bucks. I hang it on a coat hook and let mother nature provide the pressure.