PDA

View Full Version : Coal Lake ????

mallard man
01-09-2009, 05:34 PM
does any body have any current reports on the ice at coal right now or where you can catch some fish because ive been there a few times last year and never caught a single fish. any tips???

338Bluff
01-09-2009, 05:53 PM
you have pm

lilweav
01-09-2009, 05:59 PM
yeah i was thinking about going there this weekend
but i havnt heard anything on it

viral_override
01-10-2009, 05:20 PM
Hey there,

Yup I ve been out a few times this year already. I keep getting the perch and not one pike. Everyone else around me get the pike though so I dunno...lol....have bot rigs set up.

I have the black wook shack out there....(perch spot)

mallard man
01-10-2009, 08:47 PM
Hey all I fished the south side today with not much luck, we had a few bites and landed one pike but the weather was awsome. might have to go back again though bec ause there were people around us landing pretty nice sized fish.

Alberta Bigbore
01-10-2009, 08:52 PM
oops... edit ** thought it said Cold Lake

Terance
01-17-2009, 06:46 PM
Hey there,

Yup I ve been out a few times this year already. I keep getting the perch and not one pike. Everyone else around me get the pike though so I dunno...lol....have bot rigs set up.

I have the black wook shack out there....(perch spot)

I used to have some serous perch action about half way down the lake, and some good ones to. In the last 2 years I never made it that far. Where’s the perch spot now! I thought about hitting coal today, but ran out of time.

Pike where good this summer go to few over 10lbs and didn’t try to hard. It seems to me that I get most of the big pike in the winter at the north end of the lake.

Jozsef
01-18-2009, 08:56 AM
I used to catch a ton of perch (and big ones) with my father at this lake ....b ut that was about 10 years ago. Last I heard, there were no perch as the Jack have taken over. I hope this ain't true as it's the only lake close to my house (all the damn lakes seem to be west of the city :(). Anyways, do you guys know if the perch numbers are coming back? I would love to find a closer lake to take my daughter perch fishin.