PDA

View Full Version : Lake Isle/ Wabamun lake fishing

nsherman72
05-23-2015, 10:07 AM
Good afternoon,
I don't have a boat but I want to get out fishing are there any opportunities to fish from shore at theses 2 lakes? They look fairly large and I'd hate to travel to them if the shore line is to shallow to fish anywhere. Any guidance?
Thanks guys

timsesink
05-23-2015, 11:00 AM
Wabamun dock would be your best bet. Most central AB lakes are tough to fish from shore due to shallow water.

nsherman72
05-23-2015, 11:38 AM
I figured as much about the shallow water. I've been trying to find some places to try other then the NSR, I don't seem to have any luck there.

JohninAB
05-23-2015, 05:24 PM
Lots of people fish the southern shore or right by the Sundance Powerplant on the two rock reefs there. Sundance Plant in along the west shore of the lake.

EZM
05-23-2015, 11:34 PM
Lots of people fish the southern shore or right by the Sundance Powerplant on the two rock reefs there. Sundance Plant in along the west shore of the lake.

That's a good call ..... go to Sundance ..... many people catch fish there and it's not shoulder to shoulder like the boat launch with tangling lines everywhere. This afternoon there had to be 2 dozen people on each side of the dock .... it was crazy.

harmagedon
05-24-2015, 06:50 AM
Give a try to it, you might be lucky to have a better catch from the shore