PDA

View Full Version : Scumbags !!!

cluneyboy
05-29-2015, 08:22 AM
Woke up this morning and went to take out the garbage and some fine upstanding citizen decided he would help me out by stealing my 5 hp motor.
Had it padlocked to my 10ft boat.Found the lock on the ground, it had been cut.
Just filed online police report.
Sure hope insurance covers it.

We are a big community(AO),so on the off chance someone tries to sell you this motor.Feel free to soften them up till i get there...just kiddin'

2012 Mercury 5 hp 4 stroke
Ser # 0R461427

Have a good weekend.
Cluneyboy

Kim473
05-29-2015, 08:24 AM
Which comunity ?

cluneyboy
05-29-2015, 08:29 AM
King edward park
Edmonton

Positrac
05-29-2015, 09:05 AM
That sucks!

Here's hoping you get it back undamaged.

NEWB
05-29-2015, 09:06 AM
Good luck.

I had a 96 Mariner 9.9 Stolen a few years ago. Filed a report and never heard back.

I doubt you will ever see this motor again.

If it is being used on a boat Fish and Wild life, RCMP etc DO NOT check motor serial numbers at their stops or inspections....

The only other way it would turn up would be on kijiji or at a pawn shop.

CamoDerrick
05-29-2015, 12:52 PM
If you google "0R461427 boat motor" this thread is the top result.

Hopefully any potential buyer looking at the motor from the thief googles it before and can help you get it back.

Stolen Boat Motor, Serial Number 0R461427, boat, motor, 2012 Mercury 5 hp, 4 stroke, Edmonton, Alberta, Stolen, Theft

Hope these help anyone potentially searching. Good luck getting it back!

Mudslide
05-29-2015, 01:24 PM
Great idea!

If you google "0R461427 boat motor" this thread is the top result.

Hopefully any potential buyer looking at the motor from the thief googles it before and can help you get it back.

Stolen Boat Motor, Serial Number 0R461427, boat, motor, 2012 Mercury 5 hp, 4 stroke, Edmonton, Alberta, Stolen, Theft

Hope these help anyone potentially searching. Good luck getting it back!

CanadianBadass
05-29-2015, 02:02 PM
I will aslo share this on Alberta Fishing Buddies Facebook page, Sorry to hear this, I will help spread the word !

GrandMasterFish
05-29-2015, 03:02 PM
Keep an eye on Kijiji and call in if you even suspect you've spotted it. Anything discernible on it? Scratches, Marks, Stickers?

GMF

Hydro1
05-29-2015, 04:36 PM
Wow, another theft in that part of edmonton?
Hope luck is on your side and you get it back in working order.

waterninja
05-29-2015, 05:27 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss. I know just how PO'd you must be. Let us know what insurance says. That must be about 3 grand to replace?

cluneyboy
05-29-2015, 06:05 PM
Well talked to my insurance today and my deductible is $1000
she said if I made a claim my insurance would probably go up around $400.
New motor around $1500-1700.So not really worth making the claim.
Cluneyboy

Russ C
05-29-2015, 08:49 PM
I just picked up a Mercury 6hp from Bass Pro in Calgary for $1339.00 plus tax ($1406.00). Maybe save you some money even if you have to drive down the hwy. Sorry to hear of your loss Russ C.

Tigrr
05-29-2015, 11:47 PM
Swing in and check the pawn shops on Sat. Ya never know.

IR_mike
05-30-2015, 01:22 AM
Well talked to my insurance today and my deductible is $1000
she said if I made a claim my insurance would probably go up around $400.
New motor around $1500-1700.So not really worth making the claim.
Cluneyboy

What a joke.

Sorry to hear about your loss.....hope you recover it.

bighorn1
05-30-2015, 01:42 AM
Makes a guy wonder why he pays insurance

briverb
05-31-2015, 08:45 AM
Brutal. Hope you get it back.

crownb
05-31-2015, 08:54 AM
Makes a guy wonder why he pays insurance

Yeah no kidding, people steal your stuff but just not enough to make a claim, so aggravating !! I guess you need to throw your boat on the bush and get a whole new rig. The system sucks. Don't worry though I am sure today somewhere you will find a sting operation for seatbelts where police are hiding behind power poles or signs to nab those dangerous law breaking people.:mad3:

58thecat
05-31-2015, 08:59 AM
Yeah no kidding, people steal your stuff but just not enough to make a claim, so aggravating !! I guess you need to throw your boat on the bush and get a whole new rig. The system sucks. Don't worry though I am sure today somewhere you will find a sting operation for seatbelts where police are hiding behind power poles or signs to nab those dangerous law breaking people.:mad3:

Law is the law and hey on a positive side maybe a speeder gets pulled over with stolen items in it :thinking-006:
Throw you boat in the bush and make a false claim:thinking-006:
Frustrating, you bet but things will get better:)

crownb
05-31-2015, 09:07 AM
Law is the law and hey on a positive side maybe a speeder gets pulled over with stolen items in it :thinking-006:
Throw you boat in the bush and make a false claim:thinking-006:
Frustrating, you bet but things will get better:)

Not likely of they get pulled over will the police check the serial number on the boat motor, just a ticket and gone, I also wasn't suggesting ditching the rest of the boat, my question is why does a thief have to really rob you blind before it's worthwhile to make a claim. I have insurance and when the year is up I don't get money back because I never made a claim, but it sure as hell goes up if I do make a claim.
Sorry op this is a sensitive subject for me and I really hope you get your motor back.

58thecat
05-31-2015, 09:16 AM
Not likely of they get pulled over will the police check the serial number on the boat motor, just a ticket and gone, I also wasn't suggesting ditching the rest of the boat, my question is why does a thief have to really rob you blind before it's worthwhile to make a claim. I have insurance and when the year is up I don't get money back because I never made a claim, but it sure as hell goes up if I do make a claim.
Sorry op this is a sensitive subject for me and I really hope you get your motor back.

Yeah it really sucks, motor back would be awesome. I agree we pay through the roof for insurance and it goes up if a claim is made, not really designed for items that are not worth more than the claim. Hopefully the thief will drop it on his head unloading it....

Spidey
05-31-2015, 09:59 AM
It's too bad Kijiji doesn't have an email alert system where you can enter key words of what you are looking to buy and when a posting matching those key words comes up, you get an alert. It would also work for trying to track down stolen items as well.