PDA

View Full Version : Fishing location near Lesser Slave Lake

thechamp14
05-29-2015, 11:07 AM
Hello I am looking for a spot to take my young kids fishing from shore about 1hr or less from slave lake. I know by the wier is good fishing but can become so crowded with people that leave their line out the kids end up getting caught on their lines and make it a hassle for everyone. Thanks in advance

Barnes19
05-29-2015, 01:00 PM
I fished off the point in Faust right next to the boat launch a couple years ago, caught some walleye. I thought it was good for shore fishing.

Ashley_86
06-05-2015, 09:23 PM
Joussard is great, just off the wharf at the Marina!

Dean2
06-06-2015, 05:42 AM
Canyon Creek you can wade out and fish, same at the mouth of the River in Slave down by the water intake. You can also fish from shore by the intake.

schmedlap
06-07-2015, 06:13 PM
A few km west of town, just before Wagner/Widewater, the highway is very close to the lake, with an old rail line and some acreage properties in between. You can get off there on a side road (access to the acreage properties) and there is a "level crossing" across the tracks from the side road to the beach area. Go a little west of the crossing ( maybe 200-300 yards?) down the beach. There is a pretty good drop off in depth within casting distance from the rocky beach and my kids and their cousins (a cousin of the ex-wife owns one of the acreages) always caught some pike, and the very odd walleye, just casting out jigs/cranks/spoons from the beach there.