PDA

View Full Version : Lots of opinions

FiveO
03-01-2007, 03:23 PM
Ok with all the concerns we see on the board over various topics Gun control, IMHA ETC. Who has emailed or wrote a letter to there MLA or appropriate official?.

sheep hunter
03-01-2007, 04:25 PM
It's a weekly ritual for me.

ritual
03-01-2007, 04:26 PM
I have .;)

OrionN49
03-01-2007, 04:27 PM
Whenever I have a concern I let them know about it.

That's what we elect them for. To represent us.

FiveO
03-01-2007, 05:13 PM
Thanks god someone else is Officialy expressing there concerns.
40 some views and 5 people voted. My guess would be the folks who havent voted havent officialy voiced there concerns and a portion of them will sit on the fence and sling mud rather than take the time to be heard.

nafegavas
03-01-2007, 06:11 PM
Lots, and a member of CPC CSSA NFA AFGA NRA.

Tucumseh
03-01-2007, 09:46 PM
You betcha!

bobcatguy1
03-02-2007, 01:03 AM
Several times about several topics.

kanonfodder
03-02-2007, 01:56 AM
Same as Bobcat, various letters various things....

Okotokian
03-02-2007, 09:16 AM
Somehow that doesn't surprise me :b LOL

But seriously, do you find something new each week to complain about or suggest improvements to, or is it more the same issue for which you have been campaigning for a long period of time? If the latter, what's the issue?

FiveO
03-02-2007, 10:49 AM
Why not just answer the original question rather than having a comment for someone else?. Im sure you already have an answer to your questions so why dont you go ahead and enlighten us with the answers?.

sheep hunter
03-02-2007, 10:51 AM
Never any lack of things to express your opinions about to the government, industry, etc but yes, I'll also send multiple letters on important issues. Actually gave the Liberals a ton of info about the IMHA as well as a few disgruntled Tories. I think between three or four of us out here we were their best resource. I don't send the same letter time after time but as new info becomes available I express my concerns based on that new info.

So yes Oko, I'm serious. For someone that really cares about things, finding something to write a letter about once a week is no challenge. And I'm not writing to complain, I'm writing to express my opinion as a voter and someone knowledgeable of the subject.

FiveO
03-02-2007, 12:08 PM
We can only hope.

I dont send as many as you and i should be more proactive.

There was a link to MLA'S directory on a posting not to long ago perhaps someone could post it again so more folks could take the time and voice there concerns rather than beat various concerns to death on the board.

sheep hunter
03-02-2007, 12:12 PM
www.gov.ab.ca/home/index.cfm?Page=461 (http://www.gov.ab.ca/home/index.cfm?Page=461)

There have been members on this site that have really got involved by doing things like contacting the Ethics Commissioner or even RCMP when it appeared there were reasons to do so. Just because you are only one voice doesn't mean it isn't a powerful one. All it takes is a little passion. Too bad so many others ride on the coattails of these passionate people.

59whiskers
03-04-2007, 09:53 PM
I make it a point too get to know my MLA or MP and contact them and discuss issues that concern me. I have volunteered on election campaigns for politicians that support the interests of tax paying outdoorsman.

Brady
03-09-2007, 12:05 PM
Guys, I have removed a few posts here, that did nothing to contribute to the original poll question. Please try to keep it on topic.......