PDA

View Full Version : 40 Mile Res.

Walleyes
01-10-2009, 08:14 PM
We hit 40 Mile yesterday afternoon and again today. I was out in the shack around 2:30 yesterday and fished till about 6:30 P.M. Managed to put 2 Walleye on the ice along with 4 Pike and after dark 4 stinky Burbs hooked on too :sick: :sick: :sick: so not bad for and afternoon.

Got out to the shack today around noon and again fished till dark and it was a little slow,, but we did manage 6 pike all smaller stuff and 2 nice Walleye.

There is about 14" of ice out on the lake with a fair amount of over flow scattered about. We are travelling from the boat launch to just about the south weir with trucks you got to do a bit of chewing to make a go of it. With the snow drifted so bad you have to maintain a speed of at least 30- 40 K or you will end up stuck..

Best of luck out there boys...

ryisnky
01-11-2009, 11:35 AM
Sounds like you did well! Good for you; when you say south weir; are you talking the spillway or South Dam? That is nice to see some Burby's getting caught and a couple keeper walleye is a bonus!!
Was at the South Dam a few weeks ago and did not have the luck you had!

Family Hunter
01-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Good to see you guys gettin some luck.Did you have those boys with you?When we go out doesn't matter how hard I try they always out fish me.Headin to Sherburne on Sunday with the family.I'll let ya know how that goes.Take care, Family Hunter

Walleyes
01-11-2009, 06:50 PM
Sounds like you did well! Good for you; when you say south weir; are you talking the spillway or South Dam? That is nice to see some Burby's getting caught and a couple keeper walleye is a bonus!!
Was at the South Dam a few weeks ago and did not have the luck you had!

We were down by the south dam,, and unfortunately the walleye were not quite keepers they were returned back in the water maybe next year they will be big enough..

Good to see you guys gettin some luck.Did you have those boys with you?When we go out doesn't matter how hard I try they always out fish me.Headin to Sherburne on Sunday with the family.I'll let ya know how that goes.Take care, Family Hunter

Had the young fellow with me,, he was quite excited to get out in our new ice shack,, he helped me so much on the construction of it over the holidays he is really proud of the amount of work that he put in to it and he should be he was a great help to me.. So as expected he calls it " OUR " shack meaning his and my ice shack.. Of course in all reality its the families but he has some sweat in it so its special to him..