PDA

View Full Version : Buy Skinny live worms?

Jesse059
06-01-2015, 11:02 PM
Does anyone know a place that sells skinny worms. No idea what the type is called but i find the jumbo way to big for something like a stocked rainbow. Even the ones that are just the regular seem to be no different then the jumbo's. What ever happened to the skinny thin type they used to sell? I haven't seen them in years. I also tried digging for my own but the moon has more moisture in its soil then my yard haha Any one know a place that sells them?

ghostguy6
06-01-2015, 11:19 PM
Your looking for " trout worms" not "dew worms". Pretty well any place that sells worms has these.

WillyOneStyle
06-02-2015, 05:46 AM
My Grandpa called them "Red Wrigglers"

EZM
06-02-2015, 08:01 AM
Sometimes they are sold as red worms.

It's raining out here in Edmonton - I'd take a walk through the neighborhood along the sidewalks in a couple hours and there will be plenty around if it keeps raining. Bring a old margarine container and you are in business.

waterninja
06-02-2015, 08:33 AM
Yep, as mentioned you are looking for "trout" worms not "dew" worms, though i stick to dew worms even for stocked trout.
Nice to see some wet weather here in edm. Last year I had collected a years supply of big fat dew worms by end of may, but it has been a hot, dry may this year.