PDA

View Full Version : Camping, Fishing and Mountain Biking

Battery
06-02-2015, 09:56 AM
Hi Guys,

I have a week off the first week of Sept and I'd like to get into some Bass. I know they are around in BC and I'm willing to drive 5 or 6 hours and camp a few days. Is there anywhere within 5-6 hours from Calgary with good shore (preferably Bass) fishing, camping and bike trails?.

Unclerj
06-02-2015, 12:33 PM
Check out the Kimberly Riverside Resort. You will have to head to Wasa Lake for bass, but you are right on the bank of the St. Mary river. Plus there are mountain bike trails that come from the ski resort right to the campground.

deschambault
06-02-2015, 06:37 PM
You can camp at Kikomun Creek provincial park - lakes around there with bass include Surveyours (in the park) and Tie which has a small regional picnic area but no camping.

Battery
06-02-2015, 07:29 PM
Excellent, thanks guys!. Is there anywhere to camp around Duck Lake?

Wes_G
06-03-2015, 06:21 PM
Can camp in Fernie as well and the Mt Fernie Prov. Park. Nice little campground, there are trails that leave right from it, or there are trails going up the mountains on every side of town or if you ride DH then ride on the hill. Fish the Elk, will have to drive a bit for bass though.

Also Panorama area, I believe there hill is open longer for biking. But you are closer to the bass fishing.