PDA

View Full Version : A great night but a little confusing.....

bigtuna81
06-02-2015, 11:45 AM
Yesterday evening my oldest buddy and I finally got our family together to do a little hotdog bbq and some fishing at Wizard lake. My parents came out as well and brought our new crestliner. We both have have two girls and a boy with both of our boys to young to fish yet.

After we ate we loaded up the girls we headed out with my dad. My youngest girl is just turning three so didn't last too long, as expected. But the rest of us got out for about an hour and a half and had to of caught a dozen little slough Sharks. It was awesome to see the three girls get to catch their first fish and they were so excited.

However it occurred to me as trolled along the shore, my buddy and dad where fishing with the girls and I was driving the boat. Never even got a line in the water, but I didn't care. It wasn't till after driving home I realized I've changed roles with the old man. It just had me thinking when this role reversal had occurred. Lol.

All in all it was a great evening and only the first of many to come

gramps73
06-02-2015, 12:52 PM
I don't know at what age you realize that wait "i've turned into my dad" but sure makes a guy smile...
Now only if you could be half the man he is, thats the challange