PDA

View Full Version : Fishing NSR

GrandMasterFish
06-03-2015, 04:09 PM
I'm not sure if the search function isn't working or I'm just typing it in wrong. I would like some tips on places to fish the NSR either in the city of Edmonton or just outside the boundaries. Also looking for best advice on bait, lures etc.

Kurt505
06-03-2015, 04:31 PM
Any where you can access it, you can usually get fish. 50th street where it hits the river on the south side, there is a trail leading east you can follow and there is a couple nice spots there. Where whitemud creek flows in is another spot, Beverly bridge, hermatige park, there is lots of spots, just try them all. The best luck I have is using a Pickrel rig with minnows or worms for bait. Bring a lawn chair, a snack, kick back and enjoy your time on the river!

GrandMasterFish
06-03-2015, 05:06 PM
Awesome ya I'm thinking West of the cityish would be where I would go a little bit upstream from the city itself. Anyone ever keep fish out of there?

Kurt505
06-03-2015, 05:21 PM
Devon bridge, and every bridge to the west would be a great starting point. I've never kept a fish from that river, but I've thought about it.

rusbo09
06-04-2015, 10:39 AM
in the city there is a park right beside whitemud drive and whitemud creek drains into it right there , good for pike and goldeye.
wouldn't keep anything out of it way to much pollution for me:scared0018: