PDA

View Full Version : Amisk Lake

enduro155
06-04-2015, 09:44 AM
Does anyone know where the launch is located on the lake
I always wanted to give this lake a try and am going out on sunday.
Any public access, place to park a truck and trailer

Thanks,

SamSteele
06-04-2015, 09:50 AM
I took my family there many years ago and enjoyed it. From what I recall, the lake is a "T" shape with the top left of the "T" (NW corner) where there are permanent cabins and a day use area. This is where the launch that I used was. It seemed as though quite a few people were using it. Not a lot of parking room if I remember correctly. The top right of the "T" (NE corner) had semi-permanent campsites and was quite busy. We launched and went straight down to the south end of the lake. A lot less traffic and we caught quite a few pike casting in towards shore. The walleye we caught were in the left corner of the "T" pretty well straight out from the launch.

Have fun.

SS

cricketlakehunter
06-04-2015, 09:51 AM
Turn on Amisk Lake Road, cross the tracks and keep going. There will be a right hand bend, then a left bend and it is on the left hand side.

enduro155
06-04-2015, 10:14 AM
Thanks everyone. Never been there but figured it would be a nice change from the long lake experience.

SamSteele
06-04-2015, 10:31 AM
It's a much deeper lake. There are some spots over 100 ft deep on the lake. I like it better than Long. It seems cleaner and less busy. It does get busy up by the cabins/campground area but can be quiet down at the south end.

SS

enduro155
06-04-2015, 10:48 AM
I've noticed on the depth charts that it is quite deep. I notice some islands and lots of sharp drop offs that I can target some walleye in there. I imagine it will not be nearly as busy as Long Lake. There is also a point on the south end east side that looks pretty interesting as well.