PDA

View Full Version : Gull Lake shore fishing?

Raptor
06-05-2015, 09:51 AM
Not trying to get your hotspots but just wondering if there are any good shore fishing spots on Gull Lake ?

Raptor
06-05-2015, 10:51 AM
Many years ago. You could ask a question and get a proper and good response for help or advice. Now a days on this site it's either no help or sarcasm. Oh how the times have changed. I guess that's the new outdoorsman. Sad.

Dewey Cox
06-05-2015, 12:06 PM
Nobody gave up their secret fishing spot within an hour. On a workday.
What a bunch of jerks.

Raptor
06-05-2015, 12:53 PM
There you go. Just what I was saying.

Dewey Cox
06-05-2015, 01:06 PM
Let us know if you find a good spot.

Raptor
06-05-2015, 01:59 PM
Found a great spot just south of the boardwalk

Game Hunter
06-05-2015, 02:14 PM
Your getting yourself worked up in the first hour of posting.
I've fished gull quite abit in the winter. There's alot of whites, pike, perch.
I'm not a regular shore guy but you could probably try around the launches out the side quite a ways. Just be careful not to hike onto private property. IMO there are probably better places to shore fish than gull lake.
Maybe someone else might chirp in..

peakseeker
06-05-2015, 02:20 PM
been awhile but we used to catch some good pike off the dock at wilsons beach. a few whites as well.

Game Hunter
06-05-2015, 02:21 PM
Here's a depth chart that might help.
Kevin

jaywroe
06-23-2015, 09:50 AM
Where can I get a larger copy of this map?

FlyTheory
06-23-2015, 10:08 AM
I've never fished gull, but I've fished wabamun a ton and many northern parkland lakes... And it seems like fishing from shore is always less fruitful than from a boat. There can still be great spots though, it's just hard to cover water and hotspots close to a suitable shore-casting area can be really hot and miss. Good luck :)

Kim473
06-23-2015, 10:39 AM
It's too bad that the Gov doesn't make more places like the board walk at Carson lake. Would be great for the kids and families that can't afford a boat. Say make it that you can't fish on one unless you are fishing with a kid under 16 years old or something like that. Just not enough places around Alberta to fish without some kind of special equipment.

Most of the rivers one can find spots but even those are limited or jam packed with people that don't give a Dam. Litter and garbage every where.

I was at St.Anne, narrows, a week ago or so and there was garbage all over the place. Would be nice if some of the county's would place garbage cans in those areas.