PDA

View Full Version : North end of Coal lake

DillzK
06-05-2015, 10:27 AM
Just a quick question here, does anyone know what the deal is with the north side of coal lake across the the road by the boat launch? I've seen people fishing in there quite often but I've never thought to try myself. Are boats allowed in that side? I wouldn't mind exploring it a bit with my little 12 aluminium.

I'd appreciate any advice on this, thanks guys!

Lefty-Canuck
06-05-2015, 10:38 AM
Just a quick question here, does anyone know what the deal is with the north side of coal lake across the the road by the boat launch? I've seen people fishing in there quite often but I've never thought to try myself. Are boats allowed in that side? I wouldn't mind exploring it a bit with my little 12 aluminium.

I'd appreciate any advice on this, thanks guys!

It's really shallow and silty there...I have only caught one fish on that side fishing right by the culvert, likely a reason you don't see anyone fishing there.

LC

DillzK
06-05-2015, 02:01 PM
Do you happen to know anything about whether or not boats are allowed? I probably wouldn't run the motor but just to paddle out a bit?

fish_e_o
06-05-2015, 02:05 PM
It's really shallow and silty there...I have only caught one fish on that side fishing right by the culvert, likely a reason you don't see anyone fishing there.

LC
in low years i've seen it dry.

peakseeker
06-05-2015, 02:27 PM
i've personally never heard of any stipulations regarding the other side of the highway. as long as its not private land i say go for it.(make sure first!) phone f and w. Often thought about that myself lol. Let us know what you find out.

DillzK
06-16-2015, 04:40 PM
Took awhile to follow up here, but just thought I'd let anyone wondering I did try the north side, and had a lot more success from shore than anywhere else. Nothing big but they're real aggressive on that side it seems.

peakseeker
06-16-2015, 04:52 PM
Nice, thanks for the feedback!:)