PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon Lake boat launches

Kurt505
06-05-2015, 02:14 PM
The wife is hounding me, says she wants to take the kids to Pigeon lake for the day. I've only been to Pigeon once and we camped at the provincial park so we used that launch. I'm wondering if there are any other public launches closer to the north east side, closer to edmonton. Not that it's that far around to the park, just would like to find out if there's anything closer. Thanks in advance!

binnzer32
06-05-2015, 02:18 PM
Mulhurst.

The wife is hounding me, says she wants to take the kids to Pigeon lake for the day. I've only been to Pigeon once and we camped at the provincial park so we used that launch. I'm wondering if there are any other public launches closer to the north east side, closer to edmonton. Not that it's that far around to the park, just would like to find out if there's anything closer. Thanks in advance!

Kurt505
06-05-2015, 02:19 PM
Mulhurst.

Awesome. Thanks!

Red Bullets
06-05-2015, 03:50 PM
Also, 3 miles west of Sandholm store south of Thorsby. Then south to Mission beach. When you are about to drive into the lake going south turn right along the shore. The public launch is a bit steep there. Parking available too. Small beach and park there. Johnsonia beach has a good launch but not much area to park. 1 mile west of Sandholm store and straight south. Fisherhome by Zeiners park has a launch too but that end of the lake is closed to fishing.

dragon
06-05-2015, 04:02 PM
Also, 3 miles west of Sandholm store south of Thorsby. Then south to Mission beach. When you are about to drive into the lake going south turn right along the shore. The public launch is a bit steep there. Parking available too. Small beach and park there. Johnsonia beach has a good launch but not much area to park. 1 mile west of Sandholm store and straight south. Fisherhome by Zeiners park has a launch too but that end of the lake is closed to fishing.

There is no boat launch at mission

fisherhome has a good launch if your 16ft and under.

The boat launches straight south of thorsby (sandholm) and a couple miles west (johnsonia) are very shallow.

Go to mulhurst

Kurt505
06-05-2015, 05:18 PM
Thanks guys, I've got a 17' Lund.

curt7mm
06-05-2015, 05:26 PM
I probably go to Mulhurst, Kurt. It has a good launch.

Red Bullets
06-05-2015, 05:28 PM
There is no boat launch at mission
fisherhome has a good launch if your 16ft and under.

The boat launches straight south of thorsby (sandholm) and a couple miles west (johnsonia) are very shallow.

Go to mulhurst

That's odd. I have seen a launch at mission there for years. To the east of the beach area. I have driven on there for ice fishing too. Look on google maps in satelite mode and it is right in front of 3rd street at mission beach. Not condusive to launching bigger boats by any means but it is a launch.

Adwittoutdoors
06-05-2015, 11:25 PM
X2 ^^^^^^

dragon
06-08-2015, 08:08 AM
That's odd. I have seen a launch at mission there for years. To the east of the beach area. I have driven on there for ice fishing too. Look on google maps in satelite mode and it is right in front of 3rd street at mission beach. Not condusive to launching bigger boats by any means but it is a launch.

There has been a chain across it for years too.