PDA

View Full Version : Lefty question

gopherslayer
03-07-2007, 08:57 PM
My GF's daughter is a little lefty...I don't know where her mom went wrong :x :p

I want to get her a 22 and I was wondering if a lever action would eject right into her eye? Are there many used lefty 22's out there?

Dick284
03-07-2007, 09:10 PM
Nuttin wrong with the little'n She came out perfect as far as I'm concerned.
No, a lever .22 or even a semi auto will give her much grief.
I would suggest that especially for a Lefty, but also for everyone to wear safety glasses when shooting, and more perticularly for the 22's, they do have tendancy to toss a bit of un burnt powder, and particles when shot.
BTW:
Savage makes a sub $300.00 left hand .22 bolt action rifle, if she really gets the bug.

Have fun, even the right hand bolts are fun for kids to shoot, even if they find the bolt on the wrong side.

gopherslayer
03-07-2007, 09:11 PM
Thanks Dick..she sure does have fun with a right handed one :D . I thinks it bugs me more watching how akward it is for her more than it is. That's not a bad price, she is definately worth it :)

101sonny
03-07-2007, 10:00 PM
I want to get her a 22 and I was wondering if a lever action would eject right into her eye? Are there many used lefty 22's out there? I beleave the lever action is a side ejection it shouldnt get near the eye .

Brady
03-07-2007, 10:01 PM
I shoot an Ithaca lever saddle gun, and I have had no problems. It is the semi's that concern me more though....not sure if it is different but it is a concern for me.

gopherslayer
03-07-2007, 10:03 PM
Thanks guys. I don't want her with a semi just yet. I would really like a lever now. I'll have to take her out and check it out as I haven't shot too many.

Dick284
03-07-2007, 10:50 PM
Sent you some info via PM GS.
Hows $200.00 sound?

bigbore
03-07-2007, 11:39 PM
Nothing wrong with being left handed, im left handed, but.... the schools decided that i needed to be right handed and thats when i learned to be able to use both hands for pretty much everything.

:)

gopherslayer
03-08-2007, 09:37 AM
Thanks Dick..that was EXACTLY what i had in mind :D ..much appreciated.

BB...Yeah I just like to bug her LOL. It would be great to be ambidexturous. My dad writes right, bats both, swings his hammer and shoots left in hockey LOL.

Although I don't like the idea of others(beyond parents) decideing what was best "for you" |I

osterb
03-08-2007, 08:35 PM
I've had hot brass land on my arm in semis shooting prone but that's about it. It's really a non-issue unless you have a bullpup rifle. That could hurt a little bit :rollin