PDA

View Full Version : What fly box's do you like?

Big.Bear
01-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Just wondering what people opinions on fly box's are.

There's so many new ones out there, floating, zippered etc.

I got a Plano guide series box. It floats and has decent foam in. The thing I dislike in some boxes is once you put a fly in a rrow a foam a few times it no longer holds, or if the box gets bumped around in your bag the fly's come loose. This Plano one I have seems real nice and I normally use scientific anglers fly boxes.

Whats your opinions and what are your favorite fly boxes?

guysmiley
01-13-2009, 09:04 AM
I really like the Okuma alluminum boxes that have the windows compartments on one side and the clips on the other.

http://www.mwflytying.com/Images/tackle/fly%20boxes/okuma_clips.gif

No foam to wear out and they are durable. They don't float however.

Garrick.

catnthehat
01-13-2009, 10:09 AM
Wheatlys are what I use when I feel rich, otherwise it's plano!!:lol:
Cat

bobalong
01-13-2009, 06:41 PM
A little heavy but I like the nubby tacks and the new slotted boxes from Springbrook

AlbertaTroutbum
01-13-2009, 06:51 PM
I'm a big fan of the Springbrook's i won a fly box off there draw on the website, and it's awesome, see thru, waterproof, and not to big. i have two small springbrook, which i don't use all that often, and a big Plano one for my Pike, and Steelhead Flys. I do find the plano box my flies come loose quite often though which is a downer, since i'll open the box a few fall out sometimes.:(

Big.Bear
01-13-2009, 06:54 PM
I also got a springbrook for xmas...nice box's

coyote17
01-13-2009, 09:57 PM
I am also trying to find a good chironomid fly box. They don't seem to stay in most foam all that well sometimes. And I don't care for the fly boxes with the little compartments. I only use those for dry flys.