PDA

View Full Version : fenwick elitetech walleye rods

brohymn2
06-14-2015, 09:11 PM
hey guys just bought a new spinning rod today on a whim, wondering if I made the right choice with a fenwick elitetech walleye rod 6'6"medium light with a extrafast action, ill be mainly jigging and dragging bottom bouncers with it

previous rod was an ugly stick lyte with a medium action

im not exactly super well versed in fishing rods as much as I should be

thanks

Kurt505
06-14-2015, 09:28 PM
Well I have about 4 or 5 ugly sticks and 2 fenwick elite walleye rods, you're not going to miss the ugly rods. Ugly sticks are good for still fishing in the river or trolling, but the fenwick is a much more sensitive rod that's nice for casting or jigging as well. You made a good choice.

bushnell
06-14-2015, 09:39 PM
You'll definitely notice how much nicer the Fenwicks respond

Winch101
06-14-2015, 09:48 PM
That you were looking to improve on an Ugly Stick .
I could have saved you a whole bunch of money .
If you had only seen this sale ....

http://www.rona.ca/en/board---premium-pressure-treated-fence-boards

A little fishing forum humour ....yes !

brohymn2
06-15-2015, 05:42 AM
Lol

Dan Foss
06-15-2015, 09:00 AM
The 6'6 medium light is an amazing rod. you will love it for jigging. Might be a touch soft for pulling bottom bouncers but will still manage just fine so long as your not trying to winch them in like bass while the boat is still goin 2 MPH.

You will be happy with fenwick. great quality

EZM
06-15-2015, 09:46 AM
That you were looking to improve on an Ugly Stick .
I could have saved you a whole bunch of money .
If you had only seen this sale ....

http://www.rona.ca/en/board---premium-pressure-treated-fence-boards

A little fishing forum humour ....yes !

I think this is incorrect ..... you attached a link to a premium fence board ...... I'd a better comparison is a economy fence board.

The premium board is offended at the comparison.

Penner
06-17-2015, 10:01 AM
Don't even mention Ugly Stick with Fenwick.

I own 4 Fenwick rods. 2 spin casting 1 fly 1 ice rod (I own a Loomis, Sage and Berkley as well). Out preform rods twice their price in my opinion. I've owned all of them upwards of 10 years now. Never had any issues with them other than I broke a rod tip once closing a tailgate. Sent a note to Fenwick they sent me a new rod tip with a picture and copy of my receipt with no questions asked.

brohymn2
06-17-2015, 10:02 AM
Thanks guys