PDA

View Full Version : Hasse Lake ?

toddjler
06-14-2015, 11:08 PM
so anyone hear whats going on at or with Hasse Lake, I couldn`t find it listed in the regs under stocked lakes or in the regular list, I was fishing star on friday but it was so windy I gave up, and decided to hop over to hasse and check it out, the dock is only part way out, garbage laying around everywhere, I walked out onto the dock, and the place looked deserted except the beavers, muskrats,blue herons,seagulls and the storks all of which ignored me and kept about there business, you could have cut all the minnows around the dock with a knife, so I was wondering if anyone had heard whether the province had made a plan to get the lake back to useable fishery again :thinking-006:

Morph1
06-15-2015, 12:40 PM
I know for a fact there is a new proposal in place to restock it and aerate the lake, there is also a study going on in regards to water quality as previous findings indicated e-coli bacteria in the water due to a run offs from the near by fields with wild stock... I heard that straight from a local biologist that had been assigned to this specific lake...
I hope they do re-open this lake as it used to be a great place to catch some nice rainbows..., personally learned to fly fish right off the dock there and catching a nice 22.25" thick rainbow.
I heard from old timers that catching a 8 lbs trout there back in the 80s was nothing uncommon...

Cheers !

chriscosta
06-15-2015, 06:16 PM
The lake was unbelievable at one point for big perch and trout till it eventually winterkilled ..they then stocked it with walleye pike n perch n shiners and it killed off again ...all the garbage is nothing new ...my take on this is the lake was like a gift fro mother nature ..the place was taken advantage of with poaching and littering and people taking the perch elsewhere for bait (according to a fish and wildlife officer) !and people sticking pike in there illegaly ..so ...mother nature reclaimed it now and i dont blame her sad reality is alot of fisherman and woman are disrespectful to the resources and it ruins it for the big percentage of people who give nothing but respect to a place like this ...i myself hope one day this lake can flourish again ..to date my biggest perch more than 15 but short of 16 inches and my biggest trout 23 inches came from hasse lake...

Kurt505
06-15-2015, 07:43 PM
I got a huge 6x6 bull elk skull out of the bottom of that lake about 15-20yrs ago.

timsesink
06-15-2015, 08:28 PM
I got a huge 6x6 bull elk skull out of the bottom of that lake about 15-20yrs ago.

Really? That's insane! I'd love to hear the story on that one.