PDA

View Full Version : Rock lake update?

Mranderson22
06-15-2015, 09:42 PM
Headed up to rock lake this weekend. Anyone been up there lately? How's the fishing been, clear water? I won't even ask about the road in hahaha..

RavYak
06-15-2015, 10:00 PM
I tried there last weekend for the first time. I fished for around 3 hrs but only had one bite and then the wind started to come up so I decided to take off.

The inlet looked like chocolate milk and the whole lake had only around 3 ft of clarity, I thought it was supposed to usually be a very clear lake so I am guessing it is because of runoff.

The road just before the bridge over the wildhay was on its way to being washed out, it was already eroded about 6-8 inches and at the rate it was flowing it will probably be a its own little creek now unless something was done.

I would like to go back but I won't bother until later in the year after what I saw last weekend.

Mranderson22
06-16-2015, 06:07 AM
Where were you fishing rav? I generally like to go directly across from the boat launch and troll down to the right along the shoreline. Good for pike and (what I think are) whitefish even though they aren't in the regs. Sucks to hear about the road, I had hopes that they'd corrected that problem after some of the work they did there the last year or two. Thanks for your input

RavYak
06-16-2015, 06:35 PM
I fished mainly along the far side trying for lakers.

They need to clean up that ditch so it drains into the river or else put a culvert across the road. There was a lot of water in that ditch and it had nowhere to go except over the road.