PDA

View Full Version : Stief finally here

Stief96
06-16-2015, 07:48 PM
Ok guys, I've finally joined the site. After yrs upon yrs of listening to my uncle I'm finally here😃. So anyways let's talk fishing. My kid wants to head out a few times here over the next few weeks while I'm on holidays. He wants to go for trout and walleye but we will be from shore. Any reports from spruce lately? And also crawling valley?

Fishslayer99
06-17-2015, 08:54 AM
Welcome Stief96. Cant speak for spruce but Crawling valley has been good lately, I do use a boat there. If you are shore fishing, you could use a jig head and minnow or bobber/slip bobber and minnow. Try right out in front of the light house there is a good drop off there, I anchored 20-30 ft out from shore with my boat and picked some Walleye and pike. I found the walleye could be located in as little as 8-10ft but 12-14ft seemed best.

Stief96
06-17-2015, 10:20 AM
There's a lighthouse on crawling valley? Wow I am getting old😆 where's that located? I used to fish off the damn and have good luck with what you said. Jigs tipped with minnows on a slip float. But now you've got me interested in this lighthouse area.

Fishslayer99
06-17-2015, 01:37 PM
Yea there is one at the main campground by the boat launch, they built a very nice marina that is secluded from the main lake a few years back...you can see it on Google Maps/Earth.