PDA

View Full Version : Boat questions

TROLLER
06-17-2015, 06:25 PM
So I have pretty well decided what boat I am after and have been in contact with Riverside Honda.

While I want the Honda the 14ft. Lund Fury comes with a 30HP but no Fuel Injection. Big negative for me.

I have asked if they have a fuel inject motor no response so that must mean no, also asked for a price with no motor still no response.

Is this normal I was led to believe they were great with service.

BTW sold my Crestliner in 2 days. wow

FishHunterPro
06-17-2015, 06:36 PM
Check with lac la biche sporting a goods. They may have what you need.

j27lee
06-17-2015, 11:54 PM
I called/emailed a few places in Alberta last summer and either got some ridiculous quote or no reply altogether. Ended up picking up a Fury from Kevin's marine in SK. Dealt with Bruce. Great communication and super smooth transaction. They might still have a few 2014 Furys in stock.

EZM
06-18-2015, 08:11 AM
More of a curious question ... why are you adamant about fuel injection?

After running numerous brands of engine - by far, and leaps and bounds ahead of anything else, the most reliable outboards I've ever run were Hondas.

Just a curious question ....

Winch101
06-18-2015, 09:07 AM
I been studying on a smaller boat than usual .
It's too bad we don't have a decent Alumacraft dealer in Alberta
Cause that CS Escape 145 is a sweet boat ....40 hp well appointed .
My fellow fishing buddy and AO members has a 140 Fisherman
25 Merc 4 strk .....we go everywhere ,launch anywhere .....goes 28 ish
2 guys ,big lunch , the escape has replaced it .
You should be able to buy it cheaper than a Lund ,closest best price
Lukes Town Sevice ....Elie Man. 14 hrs no big deal .

TROLLER
06-18-2015, 09:34 AM
More of a curious question ... why are you adamant about fuel injection?

After running numerous brands of engine - by far, and leaps and bounds ahead of anything else, the most reliable outboards I've ever run were Hondas.

Just a curious question ....

Honda is just dragging it's feet with the EFI, they have it on many of their bikes and as you know it has been standard on all vehicles for years.

No questioning the Honda outboard that is my motor of choice but why buy into old tech when you don't have to. Ease of starting, no chocking, smoother acceleration the list goes on. Honda is what I want but not without EFI Just my personal choice.

BTW Riverside did give me the best price on the boat I am wanting to buy.

EZM
06-18-2015, 11:24 AM
Honda is just dragging it's feet with the EFI, they have it on many of their bikes and as you know it has been standard on all vehicles for years.

No questioning the Honda outboard that is my motor of choice but why buy into old tech when you don't have to. Ease of starting, no chocking, smoother acceleration the list goes on. Honda is what I want but not without EFI Just my personal choice.

BTW Riverside did give me the best price on the boat I am wanting to buy.

Sound reasonable .... and I'm not sure why they don't use fuel injection on their smaller engines ..... but .... from my experience .... I have never had to choke my 150 Honda, my 25 (which was 15 years old) and a 9.9 I ran - never used a choke or ever had a starting issue.

They all seemed to be good ones for me. I don't do too much to them - just the standard stuff like plugs, oil changes, stabilizer in the fall and run premium.

The Honda outboards are quiet, reliable, smooth and bullet proof not to mention easy to maintain. There are other choices for slightly better fuel efficiency and low end torque - no doubt - but the most important thing for me is quiet, easy to maintain and reliable .... but not everybody's list will be the same.

I've also had spectacular service from Riverside - they have been awesome to deal with.

Good luck with your search .... If you do decide to go with a Honda and buy from Riverside .... I'm confident you will be happy you did.