PDA

View Full Version : Number of rods fishing Shuswap

briverb
06-18-2015, 11:35 AM
Hey fellow outdoorsmen. Currently in Shuswap and getting our licenses and reading the regs. Little help if anyone knows where to find it in regs. When trolling are we allowed 1 line or 2 per person?? Thought I'd post this while I am checking to see if someone already knows. Using one rod per person is fine, but just want to confirm. I'll race ya to see if I can find it first in the regs. Harder to read through online. Hahaha.

traxxis87
06-18-2015, 11:44 AM
In BC you can use two Rods in a boat ONLY If you are alone. Otherwise its one per person.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/fish/regulations/docs/1517/fishing_synopsis_2015-17_provincial.pdf

J D
06-18-2015, 11:44 AM
BC has a funny regulation if you are in a boat by your self you can have 2 rods. As soon as there is more than 1 person in the boat it is 1 line per person.

Backyardhunter3006
06-18-2015, 12:00 PM
In BC you can use two Rods in a boat ONLY If you are alone. Otherwise its one per person.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/fish/regulations/docs/1517/fishing_synopsis_2015-17_provincial.pdf

X2 have fun that lake has awesome fishing! What are you planning on using?

briverb
06-18-2015, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the replies. We went out with one rod apiece. Only had one strike, but didn't hook 'em. Bugga!!! Hahaha. The wind and waves came up strong so we came back to house and I went for a 30 km bike ride instead. Hahaha. We'll try again tomorrow.

Backyardhunter3006
06-18-2015, 09:54 PM
Where in the lake were you fishing? And what were u running? I fish that lake a lot and may be able to give you some tips

briverb
06-19-2015, 02:08 PM
We are in Eagle Bay. So I found in the regs where it states. If you are alone, you can use 2 rods. Do I take it if I bring my wife in the boat who does not have a fishing license, then I can still only use one rod, which is fine.

I am down rigging with spoons. Tried a few different patterns, but only one strike so far, but did not hook the fish.

Any particular pattern that works better than others? Using the same ones I troll for lake trout and rainbows anywhere else.

Stally77
06-19-2015, 05:35 PM
We are in Eagle Bay. So I found in the regs where it states. If you are alone, you can use 2 rods. Do I take it if I bring my wife in the boat who does not have a fishing license, then I can still only use one rod, which is fine.

I am down rigging with spoons. Tried a few different patterns, but only one strike so far, but did not hook the fish.

Any particular pattern that works better than others? Using the same ones I troll for lake trout and rainbows anywhere else.

Grab some Apex Hot shots.
(Watermelon)(black and white). You'll hookem
45-55 feet for rainbows.

Backyardhunter3006
06-20-2015, 10:31 PM
Hey I also have a cabin at eagle bay and fish the area a ton. Last weekend I caught 4 10 lb lake trout and a nice 8lb rainbow. Lyman lures on downriggers take lake trout. Any colour really seems to work well. Another good choice is a 4" apex behind the agitator flasher or a coyote spoon.for lakers stick to 70-100 feet for the lures depending on where their marking. If that doesn't work try putting the lure 10 ft above the markings. I switch it up every 20 mins if I am marking a lot of fish. Lyman's also take nice rainbows. Coyote spoons in blue Chrome, party girl, blue holographic. Rainbow and nickel/ orange stripe crocs do good at 20-60 ft deep.apexs are good in the cop car, watermelon, blue/Chrome, pink/prl Orange ect. One time we should meet up and go fishing if your there. I'll be ther most of the summer.

briverb
06-22-2015, 01:13 PM
Thanks for all the feedback.

Friday I was using a silver Williams wobbler spoon and moved it up to 40 feet below the surface and boom!!!! Fish on!!!! When it broke the surface, it got off. Dangnabbit!!!! Oh well some excitement. Wind pick up something fierce so came off the lake.

Saturday, I was using the same thing and nothing. Switched to silver and red Williams wobbler and brought it up to 15 feet below the surface and I hooked Moby Dick !!! Felt like a log on the end of the line, but again when it broke the surface behind the boat it got off. Hahahahaha.

We left Sunday. But next time I go back I will be taking all the feedback I received here. If I do not land fish next time, look for tons of fishing gear for sale from briverb. Hahahaha. Kidding of course. Gonna keep at it next time I go.

Wild&Free
06-22-2015, 03:27 PM
When fish jump, hold your rod parallel to the water. keep tension on, but stop reeling. expect a direction change and run when the go back under.
works on the rivers for steelhead.