PDA

View Full Version : Medicine Lake, AB

ladyjig
06-19-2015, 04:59 PM
Going camping at Medicine Lake by Rimbey next weekend. Has anyone been here before and does anyone know what the fishing is like? Is it just pike or would there be some perch in there too.
Thanks...

338Bluff
06-19-2015, 10:14 PM
Its worthwhile to try for the perch. Fish the shore directly across from the campground (S/SW) in 10 FOW just out from the numerous beds of lily pads. Limit is only 5 per day though.

vcmm
06-21-2015, 04:56 PM
Going camping at Medicine Lake by Rimbey next weekend. Has anyone been here before and does anyone know what the fishing is like? Is it just pike or would there be some perch in there too.
Thanks...

Hope the fishing is good and stays that way for August.
We are heading up there for 2 week holiday/fishing trip:sHa_shakeshout:

WayneChristie
06-21-2015, 07:14 PM
take a few buzzfrogs for the pike, you will catch a lot of them. if you have a good site you can fish right from there, I caught a lot of small pike with a bobber and piece of weiner right from my picnic table last visit. a boat gives you more options, 10 KM speed limit on the lake, lots of beautiful scenery and some wicked thunderstorms. Love the place

vcmm
06-21-2015, 07:38 PM
Yup, Campsite is right beside the lake.
Wayne, Where can I find the buzz frogs? Taking the pontoon and 14 ft Seamax.

ladyjig
06-22-2015, 09:42 PM
Thanks guys. What kind of bait do the perch like the best? Keep the info coming boys I really like it....
Thanks.