PDA

View Full Version : A nice visit....

Scottmisfits
06-19-2015, 11:36 PM
I was out tonight, apparently practicing my casting. I was under the bridge on 22x on the East side of the Bow, opposite of Sicome. I hear someone behind me and it's the good old Fish boys. They're closing the gates where I'm fishing but I didn't park inside the gate so there was no worries there. But while they were there they decided to check my license. That's where it gets fun......

I normally put my license in my fishing vest pocket. And I did have one in there but it was last years. The one of the guys took it, made a phone call to verify that I had purchased one for this year, told me it's a $57 ticket for not having it on me, and then went on his way to close the gate. Feeling very lucky but happy to see that they are out and checking in a few spots when and where they can.

Raptor
06-20-2015, 06:07 AM
I was out tonight, apparently practicing my casting. I was under the bridge on 22x on the East side of the Bow, opposite of Sicome. I hear someone behind me and it's the good old Fish boys. They're closing the gates where I'm fishing but I didn't park inside the gate so there was no worries there. But while they were there they decided to check my license. That's where it gets fun......

I normally put my license in my fishing vest pocket. And I did have one in there but it was last years. The one of the guys took it, made a phone call to verify that I had purchased one for this year, told me it's a $57 ticket for not having it on me, and then went on his way to close the gate. Feeling very lucky but happy to see that they are out and checking in a few spots when and where they can.

My thought is, if they want to get most bang out of buck being that there are few fish cops to begin with. Why are they traveling together ?:thinking-006:

Scottmisfits
06-20-2015, 06:28 AM
My thought is, if they want to get most bang out of buck being that there are few fish cops to begin with. Why are they traveling together ?:thinking-006:

This is the first time that I have seen them traveling together personally. Maybe this is a slow time of year for them? Come Sept-Jan, then March -April I see them being busier because of the other seasons going on as well. I'm really not sure.

bigdirt
06-20-2015, 07:30 AM
Closing the gate to fish creek park, might have been the provincial park guys. I havebeen checked by them too.

Scottmisfits
06-20-2015, 07:43 AM
Closing the gate to fish creek park, might have been the provincial park guys. I havebeen checked by them too.

Quite possible for sure. They had a lot of hardware hanging off their belts though, not just a set of keys.

Anyway, it was really bugging me what I had done with that little slip of paper. I know I bought the license and I have always but any of my wildlife paperwork that goes into the field with me into ziploc baggies, and I still had the baggie. Did I throw it out and keep the old one? Did I use another baggie and I put it in a box and not my vest?
So I got to digging through my vest again and pull out last years license. I'm looking at it but haven't taken it out of the bag yet but something looks odd. There's my new one just placed in behind. I ended up breaking the real seat on my rod last night, but avoiding an unnecessary $57 fine, even though it would have been crap. So I think I have $57 to spend on a new rod. LOL, just gotta get that one by the wife.

jeprli
06-20-2015, 08:12 AM
Fish Creek park has 2 wildlife officers on site full time. They only work in the park, I've been checked for licence, good guys for sure.

Kokanee9
06-20-2015, 11:37 AM

I believe that another class just graduated last week.

Perhaps 1 of them was new and following a more experienced one.

58thecat
06-21-2015, 07:57 AM
Fish Creek park has 2 wildlife officers on site full time. They only work in the park, I've been checked for licence, good guys for sure.

Yep and a friendly reminder was all that was needed too.

Scottmisfits
06-21-2015, 09:06 AM
Yep and a friendly reminder was all that was needed too.

Absolutely. I screwed up, I knew I did but I was friendly and respectful with them. Why? Because they were friendly and respectful with me. I was in the wrong, even though I was legal in every aspect without knowing it because it couldn't see my current license behind the old one. These two were fairly young guys, 30 or younger, but had no chip on their shoulders trying to make a point or a name for themselves. So if they were the new graduates I really like the lack of attitudes they have.

58thecat
06-21-2015, 09:26 AM
You are correct, it is all about respect, a respectful attitude and approach. People make honest mistakes, it's the arrogant people that makes any profession hard.

damienelliott
06-21-2015, 01:35 PM
1. why are they closing off access to the bow river at any time?
2. the reason they are traveling in pairs is the public has been coming aboard them for not doing there job, so now we are paying twice as much for half the enforcement.
3. these people have the latest computers in there vehicles, you should not be required to carry your license as long as your WIN card is on your person.
(as sometimes a guy is near water while fishing... with his printer paper license)

Its been my experience they are using the report a poacher program for all there violations (reports of poaching) otherwise they are in the office collecting a cheque. the idea of 2 of them riding around in the same vehicle only saves gas but not real effective enforcement.

Talking moose
06-21-2015, 01:58 PM
1. why are they closing off access to the bow river at any time?
2. the reason they are traveling in pairs is the public has been coming aboard them for not doing there job, so now we are paying twice as much for half the enforcement.
3. these people have the latest computers in there vehicles, you should not be required to carry your license as long as your WIN card is on your person.
(as sometimes a guy is near water while fishing... with his printer paper license)

Its been my experience they are using the report a poacher program for all there violations (reports of poaching) otherwise they are in the office collecting a cheque. the idea of 2 of them riding around in the same vehicle only saves gas but not real effective enforcement.
You whine about not enough enforcement but figure they should waste time by going back to their truck to look up names on the computer when it's way faster and more efficient to just show them a peice of paper....ok.

damienelliott
06-21-2015, 02:08 PM
You whine about not enough enforcement but figure they should waste time by going back to their truck to look up names on the computer when it's way faster and more efficient to just show them a peice of paper....ok.

You mean these enforment officers don't carry smart phones.... I should have to print off my paper license that will fall apart if shown to rain and spend extra to laminate it or reprint it 20 times a year. Wouldn't it be more efficient to simply look the person up I mean the RCMP can handle that most of the time.

Talking moose
06-21-2015, 02:13 PM
You mean these enforment officers don't carry smart phones.... I should have to print off my paper license that will fall apart if shown to rain and spend extra to laminate it or reprint it 20 times a year. Wouldn't it be more efficient to simply look the person up I mean the RCMP can handle that most of the time.

and when there's no cell service, should they just drive down the road a few miles until they get a bar or 2 on the cell phone and try again?:sHa_sarcasticlol:
Lol, I see your point you are trying to make, just havin some fun with you...

damienelliott
06-21-2015, 02:16 PM
and when there's no cell service, should they just drive down the road a few miles until they get a bar or 2 on the cell phone and try again?:sHa_sarcasticlol:
Lol, I see your point you are trying to make, just havin some fun with you...

Oh I understand I have a Sence of humor lol but on the same cell service note I have a booster in my truck and I'm sure they do to.

Talking moose
06-21-2015, 02:18 PM
Oh I understand I have a Sence of humor lol but on the same cell service note I have a booster in my truck and I'm sure they do to.

That booster probably works good in the southern part of the province....:)

damienelliott
06-21-2015, 02:19 PM
Mine works everywhere I work from milk river to grande cache, lloydmimster to the bc border. Haven't had a problem yet

Scottmisfits
06-21-2015, 02:26 PM
No, they don't have smart phones as work phones. They shouldn't have to use their personal phones for something like that. I told him that I would look it up on Alberta Relm but he phoned it in.

And you are way off on your interpretation of what happened. I didn't say anywhere that they were closing the river. Only gates to a parking lot. Fish Creek park gets closed down at night. It always has as long as I can remember. Doesn't mean you can't go in, just means you can't drive in or out.

This is also the first time that I have ever seen them travel in pairs. Normally they are alone have have hundreds, if not thousands of square miles to cover by them selves facing however many calls they do in a day. Long days, harsh work environments, a lot of high stress situations I'm sure. Just like a lot of other LEO's, except half of the people that you'll deal with have guns of some sort.

All I was trying to do here was show them in a positive light and hopefully have this serve as a reminder to have your paperwork on you. Not every situation is alike so the answer to this one may not be the answer to the next one. If I had of had my papers on me, this thread wouldn't even be here.

Wild&Free
06-21-2015, 02:45 PM

RCMP and the MVA still require you to produce all relevant documents when ask for by a LEO. Your argument is moot.

damienelliott
06-21-2015, 02:53 PM
Ya you guys are right we should have to do there jobs, they only make $70000-150000 per year they should have to do anything. You fellas should brush up on your research. the f&w based on a 6 years study between 123 officers they gave less than $1400 in fines per officer per year and there own numbers are 49% poaching. So tell me they are doing there job.

Talking moose
06-21-2015, 03:00 PM
:thinking-006:

Scottmisfits
06-21-2015, 03:35 PM
Ya you guys are right we should have to do there jobs, they only make $70000-150000 per year they should have to do anything. You fellas should brush up on your research. the f&w based on a 6 years study between 123 officers they gave less than $1400 in fines per officer per year and there own numbers are 49% poaching. So tell me they are doing there job.

Wow, who ****ed in your corn flakes? Nobody is saying we should do their jobs at all. This whole thing was a reminder for people to make it easy on themselves. And to give these two F&W guys some kudo's. There is absolutely ZERO reason for you to be coming in here spewing your mouth with this garbage and nonsense. No one is saying we need to do their jobs. You are the only ones who stated that. I stated I would pull it up on my phone so that I could possibly avoid the $57 fine. How do you figure anything else was implied when that is what I had stated?

I think it's time for you to retreat back into your hole and stay there for a little while yet.

damienelliott
06-21-2015, 03:45 PM
These guys don't need a kudos they need to do there job. If you are in red deer some time shoot me a pm i will buy you a coffee and we can sit and talk you bring your facts I will bring my facts you will change your mind when you get the real facts. Good on you for doing there job by looking up your license. Kudos to you

Scottmisfits
06-21-2015, 05:10 PM
Man, you just don't get it. Try reading. You're seeing what you want to see. Just please, stop posting in here and derailing this thread.

damienelliott
06-21-2015, 05:30 PM
Man, you just don't get it. Try reading. You're seeing what you want to see. Just please, stop posting in here and derailing this thread.

you give all the kudos you want to lazy fish cops doing nothing. I get it you are the guy that's misinformed. I understand your post you want to give a guy a pat on the back for doing his job and giving you a break because you did his job for him. that's why there is so many useless people in the world today because they need there good jobs and atta boys to do what there paid to do. hopefully you come to your sences soon and see they are over paid pencil pushers doing absolutely nothing with our tax money and license money. here is your awesome thread back.

Scottmisfits
06-21-2015, 05:47 PM
Again, you can not read or comprehend what has actually been posted. Maybe I'm misinformed. That could be. But I don't need a guy who "thinks" he's informed but can't comprehend what is actually being said telling me what the "truth" is. Go ahead and drink your juice because you just are NOT getting it anyway. Now please, just go away.

Pixel Shooter
06-21-2015, 06:02 PM
were done here :thinking-006: