PDA

View Full Version : Lac St Anne walleye

moosesqaw
06-25-2015, 07:29 PM
Good day to all. I am looking for access to a place where I can park a truck and launch a boat by Gunn or Ross haven. The family and I have drawn walleye tags there and have never fished on that side before. Any help would be appreciated. PS What is the preferred bait at this time of year. Thanks for the help and good fishing.

RavYak
06-25-2015, 07:44 PM
There is a launch at Yellowstone but it has very limited parking. I don't think there is anything else up that way. Best bet is to boat over if you can.

jwloco
06-25-2015, 11:38 PM
If you launch early you can get parking at Yellowstone launch. anytime before 8am

Redneck 7
06-26-2015, 06:58 AM
Lots of parking for your boat at west cove and the boat up to your desired spot. Good luck filling the tags I doubt you will have a problem.

I don't bait. Last time I was out there around 7-8pm my brother and I were pulling in walleye and jack every cast at our spot. Mind you less weeds then compared to now. I caught 5 walleye in a row.

moosesqaw
06-26-2015, 12:13 PM
Thanks to everyone for the help. Is there any other launch's and parking on the north side as I will be coming from the Barrhead highway.

Kim473
06-26-2015, 12:23 PM
I noticed a launch at the narrows at the Alexi reserve. Not sure if it's any good or if you would have any problems with the reserve people? Could someone chime in on this spot and clairify.

Northern Yaker
06-26-2015, 12:59 PM
I launch there 2x almost every weekend. Saturday for the kayak Sunday for the boat. Quite often launching before the suns up and have never had any real issues. Have seen many scared away by natives asking for money for parking, but, I tell whoever comes by that I paid someone a hr ago and they lurch away head down and that's the end of that. Have had a pin taken out of trailer once, but that can happen anywhere.
The launch is in good shape just go slow once you enter the feild there are some dips and bumps on the way to launch.
Oh ya careful of the res. horses (they roam free) if it's still dark.

RavYak
06-26-2015, 04:33 PM
I noticed a launch at the narrows at the Alexi reserve. Not sure if it's any good or if you would have any problems with the reserve people? Could someone chime in on this spot and clairify.

Northern Yaker fishes there a lot and summed it up.

I personally wouldn't bother with it as west cove is fairly close and no hassle at all. I can kayak from West Cove, if you have any sort of powered boat should be able to get there easy.