PDA

View Full Version : Battle lake

SDKiller
06-27-2015, 09:03 AM
Went to Battle last night with my girls. Had a great time caught walleye after walleye and a few small pike. Great time. Boat launch still sucks but still launchable. Lake is fairly clean and actually swimmable. Can't wait to go camping and maybe have a nice walleye shore lunch. Pretty sad though I will have to clean the fish on the water and smuggle them to the camp site for breakfast.

jwloco
06-27-2015, 10:04 AM
maybe have a nice walleye shore lunch. Pretty sad though I will have to clean the fish on the water and smuggle them to the camp site for breakfast.

I hope this is meant as a joke. A really poor tasteless joke.

SDKiller
06-28-2015, 12:42 AM
Why would it be a joke and a tasteless one a that. Do you not enjoy a good shore fresh fish fry.

Astrocyte
06-28-2015, 01:16 AM
Has nothing to do with not enjoying a fish fry. It has to do with it being illegal as there is a 0 keep limit on walleye in battle lake. You are admitting to wanting to commit poaching. Keeping illegal fish in that manner has a $1000 per fish fine. I believe that is the number last time I checked.

icehunter
06-28-2015, 03:38 AM
Has nothing to do with not enjoying a fish fry. It has to do with it being illegal as there is a 0 keep limit on walleye in battle lake. You are admitting to wanting to commit poaching. Keeping illegal fish in that manner has a $1000 per fish fine. I believe that is the number last time I checked.

X2.. 0 limit on Battle...but to post about possibly poaching...:angry3:

Mitchthefisher
06-28-2015, 03:43 AM
Hope you are joking...

Hooter
06-28-2015, 08:08 AM
Pretty sad though I will have to clean the fish on the water and smuggle them to the camp site for breakfast.

That's the perfect word to use because there's a 0 limit on walleye in Battle. Have a look at the regs......:mad0030:

Snap Shot
06-28-2015, 08:37 AM
Hope you are joking...

Nailed it!!

Devin16
06-28-2015, 08:50 AM
Whatever even if he isn't joking to each their own be careful tho

SKSniper
06-28-2015, 09:03 AM

Great first post Devin! If you feel like poaching go ahead, just be careful and don't get caught guys! :1041:

Wow some of the stuff I read on here is disgusting!

Tom Pullings
06-28-2015, 09:03 AM

No not to each their own. It's poaching. But I'm thinking the op was kidding.

Devin16
06-28-2015, 09:11 AM
Not saying I'm a poacher actually far from it I really keep the places I visit cleaner than I arrived and treat all fish that I cannot or am not allowed to keep very carefully just saying if op wanted to take that risk it's his decision I think he was kidding as well but his choice

SDKiller
06-28-2015, 09:26 AM
I posted this to see the reaction is all. Just to confirm my own thoughts about how this forum is going. My opinion is there are a ton of people on this forum that must be a bunch of city salad eating little babies. Waaaaaa somebody road a poor moose and hurt it's feelings. Waaaaaa how would you like it if someone jumped on your back while swimming. Waaaaaa these guys should be charged and put in jail. And there are many other whiny comments made by people about this moose riding event. Now to add to the winning I added a small bit about eating a walleye shore lunch and look at the comments. We have been able to go to a lake and catch a fish and eat it since the beginning of time now a government group tells us we can't or we will get a fine. What a bunch of BS it's all a way for one government dept to get money ( buy tags) and that's it. Government could care less about Battle lake or any other lake for that matter. Money is all they want. If they did care a lot more things could be done to help the fish population than just say no more catch and keep. This is just my rant you all get to so I will as well. I know many will write back with why I am wrong or critisize the way I type or whine about my spelling errors but to you that do just salitify my original thoughts as being a whiny bunch of citified salad eating sit behind a desk bitches. With all the horrible things that happen in society these days and your biggest beefs being moose riders or walleye poaching wow no wonder society is the way it is. Hope I didn't offend everyone but I hope I offended some.

Bushrat
06-28-2015, 09:57 AM
. If they did care a lot more things could be done to help the fish population than just say no more catch and keep.

So enlighten us on how you would fix this problem instead of just being a whiney sit behind the desk salad eating bitch tugging on your mommys dress.:sHa_sarcasticlol: friggin whiner WhaaaWhaaaaWhaaaa

trigger7mm
06-28-2015, 09:57 AM
Some of your points are very valid. I don't think our government gives one **** about our fisheries either, when they can make an easy buck selling tags, but why stir up a debate by admitting to being a poacher? Not very bright.

Talking moose
06-28-2015, 09:58 AM
I posted this to see the reaction is all. Just to confirm my own thoughts about how this forum is going. My opinion is there are a ton of people on this forum that must be a bunch of city salad eating little babies. Waaaaaa somebody road a poor moose and hurt it's feelings. Waaaaaa how would you like it if someone jumped on your back while swimming. Waaaaaa these guys should be charged and put in jail. And there are many other whiny comments made by people about this moose riding event. Now to add to the winning I added a small bit about eating a walleye shore lunch and look at the comments. We have been able to go to a lake and catch a fish and eat it since the beginning of time now a government group tells us we can't or we will get a fine. What a bunch of BS it's all a way for one government dept to get money ( buy tags) and that's it. Government could care less about Battle lake or any other lake for that matter. Money is all they want. If they did care a lot more things could be done to help the fish population than just say no more catch and keep. This is just my rant you all get to so I will as well. I know many will write back with why I am wrong or critisize the way I type or whine about my spelling errors but to you that do just salitify my original thoughts as being a whiny bunch of citified salad eating sit behind a desk bitches. With all the horrible things that happen in society these days and your biggest beefs being moose riders or walleye poaching wow no wonder society is the way it is. Hope I didn't offend everyone but I hope I offended some.

I predict someone is getting ready to throw their salad at you.....:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Devin16
06-28-2015, 10:06 AM
If the gov cared about our lakes they would take a look to our east sask gov fish conservation is bang on none of this size limit stuff sure they have way more lakes and less anglers per waterbody but their slot size limits are ingenious let older fish spawn they have the genes that we in Alberta deplete before they have the chance to produce quality offspring how many out there have seen people "where legal" keep fish that ten even fifteen years ago would have been considered minnows!

Devin16
06-28-2015, 10:09 AM

Well said

waterninja
06-28-2015, 10:14 AM
Have to agree with the spirit if not the letter of your rant. It seems that every day there is some new rule or reg. to further frustrate and inconvience a person just trying to go about their everyday lives, and not just in fishing regs. It's like a bunch of bureaucrats are sitting around an office somewhere thinking up new and innane excuses to give someone a ticket to raise revenue.
And then you add all the keyboard warriors on social media that have nothing better to do then whine or be outraged by the the way your holding a fish, or the gear your using, or the clothes your wearing, or your mosquitoe reppellent is harming the atmosphere and on and on and on.
I would bet that if you followed ANYBODY around for a day you would find something to give them a ticket for.

Tom Pullings
06-28-2015, 10:29 AM
What's wrong with salad!

icehunter
06-28-2015, 10:40 AM

U be feelin pretty tall in your saddle today?? Not all of us are bitchy whiney behind the desk types. lots of us are just down to earth folk ...that don't stand for BS talk...U got the reaction you was lookin for...or call it attention...Either way...ya we seen your post...ya u ruffled some feathers..

Astrocyte
06-28-2015, 11:40 AM
Boy. You made a post about poaching on a forum dedicated to outdoor ethusiasts and you mock their reactions? Well done sir. You really know how to thump your chest.

I personally do not care what anyone's grandaddy's grandad did way back in time when you could keep as many fish as you wanted. I do not care, because now things are different. Simple as that. You cannot keep what you want when you want just because way back when others did so. As an individual who enjoys fishing I would like to have more shore lunches but I am not naive in thinking that keeping as many as possible would have no effect later on. Things can snowball quickly when individuals have an outlook like the one you have. Populations have grown and increased pressures have commenced. Do I like it? No. Do I believe that shaking a fist at the government will change things? No. Do I think people will change behavior to allow for fish populations to rebound? No but it must start somewhere. It is people like yourself who snowball the issue. As much as you want to believe that you should be able to do what you want when you want you simply cannot. Policing and enforcement is needed. Why? Poachers like yourself. People are selfish and ignorant these days, someone needs to at least try and fix that. If massive fines and seizing is the way that kick starts that then by all means ticket away. The more fish that are left in the lake the better it is for me and others to have an enjoyable day fishing.

I hope someone has a call out to battle lake several times in the near future to have an officer checking boats. The way I see it, as a law abiding citizen, is that the less people breaking the law around me the better my life is. The more good around the more good that comes.