PDA

View Full Version : Bow river help

just a newbie
06-28-2015, 01:14 AM
Hey guys, so I decided to get back into fishing after a long break from it. I was at the bow last night and saw a TON of risers. So I was running my spinners, black fury, aglia and panther martins (size2) and did have a couple bites but based on the action around me I feel I shouldve done better. So my question for you seasoned pros are, how do you run a spinner in the river. Do you cast upstream and not reel until it floats past you or do you just cast upstream and just starts reeling etc. Any insight you guys can provide is greatly appreciated

J0HN_R1
06-28-2015, 09:33 AM
The last couple weeks have been tricky on the Bow, with the water-level and now the temperature.

I cast straight across or slightly upstream, then rip-off another 20-30 ft of line as the lure is taken downstream.

Most of the surfacing I've seen lately looks to be juvenile fish (under 12")...

And try some #4 - #7 Rapala trout-replicas (Rainbow & Brown).

Good luck !

just a newbie
06-28-2015, 02:09 PM
The last couple weeks have been tricky on the Bow, with the water-level and now the temperature.

I cast straight across or slightly upstream, then rip-off another 20-30 ft of line as the lure is taken downstream.

Most of the surfacing I've seen lately looks to be juvenile fish (under 12")...

And try some #4 - #7 Rapala trout-replicas (Rainbow & Brown).

Good luck !

That's what I was seeing yesterday as well, those small ones were going nuts on the moths while they were going nuts on me lol. I tried letting it drift down but the water is so low right now it gets snagged on rocks quite often. Thanks for the reply, I never did let any line out after cast so I'll try that now