PDA

View Full Version : Perch for my son sylvan

Thundercatcher
06-28-2015, 01:28 PM
So my son loves catching the tiny perch at gull lake is there any spots on shore at sylvan that hd can catch them?

mikebossy
06-28-2015, 02:06 PM
have a better idea for sylvan, go to main 'beach' at far end near water park, its a grass thumb that sticks out, teenagers will be diving off end into water, you'll know you're there if you see beach volleyball courts, anyway go to water with water park on left and main beach on right, go to corner on your left as you look out onto lake, sorry think its south corner, anyway throw bait out ie jig and minnow from this point, say 50 feet out, let hit bottom, leave bail open, watch line, when line starts to go out, flip bail and reel in til feel fish, strike, real in a bunch of walleyes all day long, not the least bit fazed by the hooligans jumping in beside you

Donkey Oatey
06-28-2015, 02:16 PM
have a better idea for sylvan, go to main 'beach' at far end near water park, its a grass thumb that sticks out, teenagers will be diving off end into water, you'll know you're there if you see beach volleyball courts, anyway go to water with water park on left and main beach on right, go to corner on your left as you look out onto lake, sorry think its south corner, anyway throw bait out ie jig and minnow from this point, say 50 feet out, let hit bottom, leave bail open, watch line, when line starts to go out, flip bail and reel in til feel fish, strike, real in a bunch of walleyes all day long, not the least bit fazed by the hooligans jumping in beside you

And if you do that wait until July 1 when that area of Sylvan Lake opens to fishing.

mikebossy
06-30-2015, 10:53 PM
^^^^^^^^
thanks for chimin' in, my apologies, had no idea it was closed till July 1, can only wonder why? hmm, seems weird compared to every other Alberta with similar species

Red Bullets
06-30-2015, 11:45 PM
Perch like hanging around docks so look for those areas.

Donkey Oatey
07-01-2015, 07:26 AM
^^^^^^^^
thanks for chimin' in, my apologies, had no idea it was closed till July 1, can only wonder why? hmm, seems weird compared to every other Alberta with similar species

Closed due to spawning area there. That and to lower the pressure on walleye in the area. Or that is the theory from Fisheries Bio.