PDA

View Full Version : Fort Nelson Fishing

58thecat
07-01-2015, 10:00 AM
Ok so my son is up at Fort Nelson working at the gas plant up there, new to area, brought the essentials, rifle, golf clubs and fishing gear:sHa_shakeshout: needs a little help locating a few fishing holes though. Anyone been up in that neck of the woods and can share a spot or two, much appreciated.:)

Rock Doctor
07-01-2015, 10:32 AM
Burro pit south of town along highway. Stocked Raindows.
Andy Bailey Lake. Small Pike.
Clark Lake Creek Mouth. Walleye and pike
Snake River. Pike, Walleye
Deer River, pike and walleye
Beaver Lake. Rainbow
Tests River. Dolly, grayling, whitefish
Toad River. Dolly grayling, whitefish
Nonda Creek. Dolly Grayling whitefish
Summit and Muncho Lake. Lake Trout
Kledo Creek mouth. Walleye and Pike
Petitot River. Walleye and Pike

That should get him started ;-)

58thecat
07-01-2015, 11:37 AM
Burro pit south of town along highway. Stocked Raindows.
Andy Bailey Lake. Small Pike.
Clark Lake Creek Mouth. Walleye and pike
Snake River. Pike, Walleye
Deer River, pike and walleye
Beaver Lake. Rainbow
Tests River. Dolly, grayling, whitefish
Toad River. Dolly grayling, whitefish
Nonda Creek. Dolly Grayling whitefish
Summit and Muncho Lake. Lake Trout
Kledo Creek mouth. Walleye and Pike
Petitot River. Walleye and Pike

That should get him started ;-)

Awesome and thank you:)

58thecat
07-01-2015, 12:09 PM
Also as for spin casting what do you recommend?

MountainTi
07-01-2015, 05:10 PM
What gas plant/area? Ft. Nelson is huge country

58thecat
07-01-2015, 08:07 PM
What gas plant/area? Ft. Nelson is huge country

Spectra energy I believe it is just out of fort nelson the town.

Rock Doctor
07-01-2015, 08:37 PM
Also as for spin casting what do you recommend?

Walleye and pike..... Pretty much anything, as you probably know :-) (yellow and/or Black.
Lake Trout.... White jigs, and/or Crocs (old Kokanee Can "blue")
Dolly's, anything.
Grayling/Whitefish..... Small spinners or flys (Bumblebees, royal coachman, black gnats, mosquitoes)

Everyone has their own ideas of what's best, the above notes work for me.

I worked at the Spectra Plant for 6yrs, in the early 90's, now I work at one of the remote sites FNNC/Bs19. Maybe I'll see your son around some time 👍

Wild&Free
07-02-2015, 02:08 AM
Worked just south of Kotcho Lake a few years back. we'd always bomb up past the Helmut Airstrip and fish the creek crossings in the general area of the wild boy plant I believe it was called. all tributaries of the Petitoit, some nice pike, good size grayling and some fat walleye in the spring/early summer. if the water is flowing up that way, there's a fish in it somewhere.

58thecat
07-02-2015, 04:43 PM
Thanks all for the replies,

-JR-
07-02-2015, 05:15 PM
Know of a hidden lake just past the second air strip of helmute ,used to be a large pen west camp back there and water hauler used to go to it to get water. one winter i cut a hole and every fish i caught broke the line .But thats 3 hours of bush road from nelson.

58thecat
07-02-2015, 07:45 PM
:thinking-006:Know of a hidden lake just past the second air strip of helmute ,used to be a large pen west camp back there and water hauler used to go to it to get water. one winter i cut a hole and every fish i caught broke the line .But thats 3 hours of bush road from nelson.

:thinking-006: I'm going to head up there, always looking for an adventure, gets the blood flowing and spend time with the young fella would be fun too.

Rock Doctor
07-04-2015, 01:11 AM
Local to the FN area
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o281/RockDocPhoto/82AF0FD8-2B09-47A2-804A-C6EBF43310EE_zpseuirskhg.jpg (http://s123.photobucket.com/user/RockDocPhoto/media/82AF0FD8-2B09-47A2-804A-C6EBF43310EE_zpseuirskhg.jpg.html)

Sadly, it could not be revived.