PDA

View Full Version : do you guys use floaters for fishing and when?

Granrey
07-03-2015, 10:27 AM
For the looks of it, floaters are kind of noob or expert id. Lol

When do you guys use floaters?

Astrocyte
07-03-2015, 10:50 AM
When I want to kick back I do.

Also used to use for summer perch fishing, worked great for that.

Moefoe
07-03-2015, 12:40 PM
Had an amazing day late August last year on Newell with 2 kids, slip bobbers and leeches...we were haulin in Walleye every 5-10 min!

Chief16
07-03-2015, 10:44 PM
Used in 95% of my lake fly fishing

Dewey Cox
07-03-2015, 10:56 PM
I only use them when I'm fishing.

wildwoods
07-04-2015, 10:26 AM
I only use them when I'm fishing.

That's rich!

Slip bobbers are an incredible way to suspend a bait, all the while able to cast without a dozen feet of line hanging out. YouTube slip bobbers. Great for kids, great for vets.

CK Angler
07-04-2015, 10:38 AM
That's rich!

Slip bobbers are an incredible way to suspend a bait, all the while able to cast without a dozen feet of line hanging out. YouTube slip bobbers. Great for kids, great for vets.

I use slip bobbers for goldeye, we catch BIG goldeye up north and there are some spots I'll anchor just above a pool with a back eddy and let the bobber circle all around, have caught numerous goldeyes this way

TBark
07-04-2015, 03:04 PM
Ya, slip bobbers for walleye with leeches or minnows.
I told a buddy how we filled our class B tags last week.
He laughed and asked me how old I was, I laughed back and said its walleye for supper, for me.

TBark

Dewey Cox
07-04-2015, 03:46 PM
I use bobbers, and usually spin cast reels. I've caught fish with my daughter's Princess fishing rod. Who cares, as long as you're landing fish. (Or even if you're not landing fish).

Granrey
07-04-2015, 07:50 PM
Well, after couple hrs casting in Ashland reservoir. I decided to use slip bobber and shortly after I caught my first fish using a floater device.

My question is this. How deep should the bait be to catch trout?

I think this lake is about 10' deep. Should I have the bait 2' down from surface or couple feet above from bottom?

I'm confused on this. I caught this trout couple feet from surface.