PDA

View Full Version : I need to trap pigeons

kidd
03-04-2007, 03:27 PM
Guys, I need a hand. I know this has been tossed around before, but the neighbour feeds birds and the pigeons are taking over my house. Bird crap everywhere. Cant bear to use the air rifle in the city so...anyone have a pigeon trap blueprint or idea for me? Im thinking I could trap them one at a time and relocate them....
Any help would be appreciated, as far as making it, what to use as bait, etc.
thanks.
kidd

splitbrow
03-04-2007, 04:34 PM
Make a round cylinder out of chicken wire. It will look like a round bail tipped on its side (with the flat part up). Push in a small part of the cylinder wall close to the bottom so that it is easy for them to slide in but once they get inside they will not be able to find the opening. Airgun works well once they are inside.Use dog food as bait. Seems to work well for magpies but bird seed would work for pigeons...

We did this with magpies on the farm b/c we had an overabundance. One time I had 9 inside the cage at once.

Hope that my poor description helps, lol...

Split...

RyanGSP
03-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Depending where you are I will take all the pigeons you can catch and will make sure they dont come back. I need some for my pointers and will shoot the birds over them.

cap
03-03-2010, 06:21 PM
Guys, I need a hand. I know this has been tossed around before, but the neighbour feeds birds and the pigeons are taking over my house. Bird crap everywhere. Cant bear to use the air rifle in the city so...anyone have a pigeon trap blueprint or idea for me? Im thinking I could trap them one at a time and relocate them....
Any help would be appreciated, as far as making it, what to use as bait, etc.
thanks.
kidd

Ya guys with bird dogs will take all you can get.If you try to relocate them they will be back.

WayneChristie
03-03-2010, 07:00 PM
soak some raw grain in alcohol and put it out for the pigeons, pick them up when they are too drunk to fly and put them in a cage. if this doesnt work, drink the alcohol yourself and forget the damn birds :D

needmoretoys
03-03-2010, 07:51 PM
http://www.halfordhide.com/catalogue/adc-trap-supplies.pdf

Go to the Halford hide web site. They sell the traps for $60.00 or so.

Cowtown guy
03-03-2010, 08:16 PM
If he hasn't fixed the problem by now he's up to his armpits in crap. This thread is 3 years old.

21 Gun Salute
03-03-2010, 08:16 PM
what city are you located in?

WayneChristie
03-03-2010, 08:22 PM
what city are you located in?

Babylon :lol: