PDA

View Full Version : How about a post about superstitions and funny things you seen people do when fishing

vital shok
07-03-2015, 08:40 PM
-when I was young we used to pick maggots out of cow pie.At least there free we would stick them in a pill container and my uncle whos a old Italian would give them a little wash then stick them in his lip like chew.He said its keeps them warm and moveing it's pretty f-in gross but I guess that's why he's been single All his life.Also he would fish them with a major taboo a fly rod with a spinner connected to it with the maggots on the treble.Im really into fly fishing and would be on him really hard if he could do that now.Next I have never caught a fish on a brand new Rod I always give my rods to freinds to use first or I buy used its gotta get its fish mojo from someone else.Ice fishing rods and tip ups don't have the curse its weed but funny.

EZM
07-03-2015, 10:08 PM
Lot's of off shore boat forbid anyone bringing bananas on board - apparently it's bad luck.

Red Bullets
07-03-2015, 11:14 PM
Sort of a funny how alot of people catch a fish in a particular location on a lake or river.... and then always go back to the same spot and use the same hooks.

In the past I liked to explore more.

Hydro1
07-03-2015, 11:44 PM
I never catch fish if my dog isnt with me.
Despite his barking, pacing the shoreline, jumping in the water. I near always catch something.
I have yet to catch a fish if he isnt there. :thinking-006:

Sharpie
07-04-2015, 10:12 AM
The fishing doesnt get reel good until you spit in the water

the local angler
07-04-2015, 07:45 PM
for me its when leaving the city driving down to the lake or river, we try to find deer or wild life before arriving at the location for good luck. lol {minus cows and domesticated animals}