PDA

View Full Version : Chin Walleye Poachers

Dale S
07-04-2015, 07:43 PM
Reported these 2 guys today. Do you think these pictures are enough to bust them for under sized walleye. And the old guy was fishing with 2 rods. (No pics of that)
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd55/dago029/003_1.jpg
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd55/dago029/6d21aada-2430-4a3e-8aff-f5cc088a1df7.jpg
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd55/dago029/021b42b5-f9c6-4a23-9f0f-edd908d39e92.jpg
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd55/dago029/0c1091f3-0c29-4384-be47-ef48797fa49e.jpg

Don K
07-04-2015, 07:54 PM
One would hope so... We had great pics, video and shell casings of some clowns that should have had them dead to rights. Amounted to a whole lot of SFA... Hopefully your case will be diferent.

sixpoint1
07-04-2015, 08:46 PM
It would be nice if these clowns do get charged but as usual I am not holding my breath.It is happening more and more at all lakes as well as the river.Good for you for getting pics and lets hope for the best. They will probably be there tomorrow doing the same thing.

shurshot71
07-04-2015, 09:13 PM
They looks like the some of the fine Mexican citizens that play dumb when approached about their poaching practises . Taber has a bunch of them it's sad to see .

FlyTheory
07-04-2015, 09:55 PM
Good job! Hopefully they can charge those ****s

Fishslayer99
07-04-2015, 09:57 PM
Pretty sad to see that's for sure, good for you for getting pictures and reporting them Dago. They certainly look like undersized Walleye, but being able to prove it from pictures is a whole nother story. Hopefully something can be done. Too bad you didn't get a picture of him fishing with two rods, I would think that would likely be a closed case!

Kurt505
07-04-2015, 10:03 PM
I'd be willing to bet a little search of their freezers would lead to some extra charges.

Good catch!

gatorhunter
07-04-2015, 10:22 PM
Photos are.part of the evidence. If you actually saw them fishing and saw the one person fishing with two lines then your evidence is all that's needed to atleast start an investigation. Good work!!

chriscosta
07-04-2015, 11:46 PM
One of those fish is clearly like 12 inches long ...good job they should have no problems excellent pics...sure is lotsa poaching going on this year it seems

Dale S
07-05-2015, 06:39 AM
Photos are.part of the evidence. If you actually saw them fishing and saw the one person fishing with two lines then your evidence is all that's needed to atleast start an investigation. Good work!!

I knew something was up when my dog went over to there van sniffing around the front of the van. The young guy yelled at him to get away. With the reputation these white folks have around here I got my spotting scope out to see what my dog was after. I could see fish laying under the van. Its was 30 degrees out. Then the old guy caught a fish. Once landed the old guy headed towards the van with the walleye. I could tell this was another small fish. So I did what some people on here don't like, I yelled at him that there was no way that fish was 20 ins. After a few words were exchanged, he threw the fish back in the water. They left right after I told them I would be reporting them. Now we will see if I hear from F&W.

Dale S
07-05-2015, 06:42 AM
They looks like the some of the fine Mexican citizens that play dumb when approached about their poaching practises . Taber has a bunch of them it's sad to see .

These white Mexican Mennonites have no respect for any laws. It's not just a few that give themselves a bad name ,it's most of them. You should have seen this guy play dumb when I confronted him. They know the rules, why else would they hide the small fish under there van in 30 degree heat.

THEREAPER
07-05-2015, 08:43 AM
Good work, i doubt anything will happen though. We need more CO's out there. They were out on Newell yesterday along with the RCMP. I was also on chin a few weeks ago for the tourney, there are many roads along the lake so i can see how easy it is to poach eyes there. Very Sad....

FlyTheory
07-05-2015, 09:27 AM
Next time don't yell at them and get the fish cops to yell ;) if they catch them in the act, it's game over

Winch101
07-05-2015, 09:39 AM
After the first one caught just start , filming .
Use to do that at Travers spillway , Chinese fire drill
Fish back in the water and out of there .

Good luck .....Mexican Minnows , lots of trouble with them
Brooks bassano area .

jeffreys 21234
07-05-2015, 09:53 AM
I totlly know what your talkin about grown up fishing chin an now same with my my two younge daughters and we seen same practice time an time again an have called a lot in funny to see guys like these with stringers full when u sat down there all day an every fish is usally cpl inches shy of legal so go back to swim another day

greylynx
07-05-2015, 04:09 PM
Was this at the south of Tabor to Wrentham Bridge? Or kind of under it?

Dale S
07-05-2015, 04:37 PM
Was this at the south of Tabor to Wrentham Bridge? Or kind of under it?

The east dam.

shurshot71
07-05-2015, 07:58 PM
I to grew up fishing chin, Sherburn & all the lakes around Taber all my life. Seen a big drop in the quality of fishing since the Mexicans came in also to the hunting around taber . Just look at the antelope numbers how they dropped over the years around grassy . I know we had hard winters and lots of coyotes but when the land owers start tell you that they think they chased the Mexicans off their land and how they seen numbers drops in the deer and antelope do to the Mexicans hunting year round . should ship them all back to their own country to destroy it .

Perchfisher
07-05-2015, 09:04 PM
Good for you Dago for reporting the poachers. We need more sportsmen doing that. Now we can only hope that charges will be laid but I won't be holding my breath on that one.

Chief16
07-05-2015, 09:52 PM
Great on your for reporting!

To be respectable sportsman we really should not be throwing racial slurs. Pinning poaching on "Mexicans" or starting a "Chinese fire drill" is ridiculous. I am sure there are many people of all different heritages on this forum as well as partaking in outdoor activities that follow regulations and I am also just as sure that people of all different heritages poach as well. Using racial slurs on a public forum makes everyone look bad.

Lefty-Canuck
07-05-2015, 09:56 PM
Beige minivan....I knew it!

LC :)

PerchBuster
07-05-2015, 10:00 PM
Very sad and dispicable thing to see right there. Obviously not the first time those 2 have done this either by the looks of it. Nice job collecting some photo evidence on this pair. I hope it leads to some stiff consequences, one can only hope at least.

pinelakeperch
07-05-2015, 11:31 PM

To be respectable sportsman we really should not be throwing racial slurs. Pinning poaching on "Mexicans" or starting a "Chinese fire drill" is ridiculous. I am sure there are many people of all different heritages on this forum as well as partaking in outdoor activities that follow regulations and I am also just as sure that people of all different heritages poach as well. Using racial slurs on a public forum makes everyone look bad.

If the point that you were trying to make was that we shouldn't discriminate as every ethnicity poaches, you make a good point.

Describing a Mexican who is poaching as a Mexican poacher is not a racial slur whatsoever, it's a description. "Mexican" is not anymore of a racial slur than "Canadian". Describing every Latino as a "Mexican" is ignorant.

Lambo
07-05-2015, 11:32 PM
Very sad and dispicable thing to see right there. Obviously not the first time those 2 have done this either by the looks of it. Nice job collecting some photo evidence on this pair. I hope it leads to some stiff consequences, one can only hope at least.

PerchBuster, just curious about when you wrote: "by the looks of it". What was the "it" in the photo that led you to think that those 2 have "obviously" done this before?

Lambo
07-05-2015, 11:54 PM
I agree with the above posts by chief16 and jhutter. A poacher is a poacher. Doesn't matter what ethnicity he or she is. Not sure where the Mexican thing came from. I just see 2 Caucasian guys in the photos. Oh What?? Caucasians can't be poachers, you have to blame it on another race. Some people on this forum are so quick to blame it on Asians. Now it's the Mexicans too? Who ******ing cares what race they are! Wow people! Pull your head out of and get with the times!

Hope these alleged poachers get investigated and punished if found guilty.

Chief16
07-05-2015, 11:57 PM
If the point that you were trying to make was that we shouldn't discriminate as every ethnicity poaches, you make a good point.

Describing a Mexican who is poaching as a Mexican poacher is not a racial slur whatsoever, it's a description. "Mexican" is not anymore of a racial slur than "Canadian". Describing every Latino as a "Mexican" is ignorant.

Yes I guess I didn't word it correctly, thank you for the correction.

JD848
07-06-2015, 12:58 AM
When turning poachers in you have to be very sure of what your doing,i don't like poachers either but the colour of their skin and their race has nothing to do with poaching.
Turning them in is the right thing to do,but be careful they never took your plates and know you did this.Your actions were right ,but your character shows signs of a different nature.
Also if you put my face online and I was not guilty I would have you in court in a heart beat and take a lot more than your camera.

Nothing wrong with turning in a poacher,but I would never let them know who did this and never show any ones face online I didn't know unless you really have something personal to gain,because some people may take it real personal.

I am just being straight up with you because other innocent people start running around with I phones or cameras posting every guy they think is a poacher and posting their face online you may end up getting someone hurt or even worse.Theirs all kinds of nuts out their and a person has to be careful of his actions.

Redfrog
07-06-2015, 01:42 AM
"Also if you put my face online and I was not guilty I would have you in court in a heart beat and take a lot more than your camera. "

No you wouldn't.

Good on you Dago, Maybe if a few more concerned citizens did the right thing it would cut down on the poaching.

Mexicans poach. Orientals poach, Canadians poach. Get over the moral outrage. no one group of people is immune form illegal activity.

Describing someone committing a crime is not a slur, it's a description. The more information , the better the chance for a conviction.

Talking moose
07-06-2015, 05:35 AM
Beige minivan....I knew it!

LC :)

:sHa_shakeshout:

Dale S
07-06-2015, 05:41 AM
Still haven't heard from F&W. I'll be phoning the local office today.

elkhunter11
07-06-2015, 07:57 AM
"Also if you put my face online and I was not guilty I would have you in court in a heart beat and take a lot more than your camera. "

No you wouldn't.

Exactly! If you are in a public place, and someone happens to take your picture, good luck suing them.

Good job on reporting these poachers, hopefully the authorities deal with them.

PerchBuster
07-06-2015, 08:43 AM
PerchBuster, just curious about when you wrote: "by the looks of it". What was the "it" in the photo that led you to think that those 2 have "obviously" done this before?

Fishing with 2 rods, carefully concealing the fish under the van and then putting them up in the front seat of the van, I assume in a bag under the floor mat or stuffed under the seat. They obviously knew they were breaking the law and they had a plan to conceal the fish. I highly doubt this was a spur of the moment decision to poach some walleye and it would seem obvious to me at least that they have most likely been at it for awhile. The older gentleman in the photo appears to be maybe like 60+ and I doubt he just woke up the other day and out of the blue decided to illegally possess some fish. Everybody has a first time for something, but criminals are never just one and done.

Fishslayer99
07-06-2015, 08:58 AM
When turning poachers in you have to be very sure of what your doing,i don't like poachers either but the colour of their skin and their race has nothing to do with poaching.
Turning them in is the right thing to do,but be careful they never took your plates and know you did this.Your actions were right ,but your character shows signs of a different nature.
Also if you put my face online and I was not guilty I would have you in court in a heart beat and take a lot more than your camera.

Nothing wrong with turning in a poacher,but I would never let them know who did this and never show any ones face online I didn't know unless you really have something personal to gain,because some people may take it real personal.

I am just being straight up with you because other innocent people start running around with I phones or cameras posting every guy they think is a poacher and posting their face online you may end up getting someone hurt or even worse.Theirs all kinds of nuts out their and a person has to be careful of his actions.

I find it hard to believe that people will snap pictures of someone that they believe is poaching and put it online if there was a reasonable doubt in their mind.

Dago did the right thing, these dirt bags were clearly up to no good by hiding the fish and the fact they are very small. He also confirmed this by addressing the situation and then these guys pack up and take off... (guess they were tired of fishing)

Poachers beware, in this day and age everyone has a camera and I would pat anyone on the back for doing the same thing as Dago if they strongly suspect someone of poaching!

I hope these guys get dealt with, and Dago please let us know what happens.

Deo101
07-06-2015, 09:31 AM

Although I here what you're saying....there truly is some serious problems with the "Mexican Mennonites" in that area. Many of them have recently migrated to Canada and have zero respect for the our laws or the Police. And obviously not our wildlife. Of course people from all walks of life poach but this isn't discrimination without reason.

If you ask anyone from Taber why the recent bylaw (no crowds, now swearing etc) was brought in they'll inform you it was due to Mennonites partying in the parks, parking lots etc...

I hope they go after these guys but even the Police are afraid of exactly what you're saying and have to tread lightly to avoid the race card. If they are approached about this they will play dumb and might receive a slap on the wrist.

Nova
07-06-2015, 09:49 AM

People seem to have this misconception that others do not have the right to photograph them in public, while in fact they do.

EZM
07-06-2015, 10:42 AM
People seem to have this misconception that others do not have the right to photograph them in public, while in fact they do.

That is correct - you can post a photo of anyone anytime in any public place and there are zero laws broken. As a matter of fact - you can take a picture of me in my backyard or through one of my windows of my house looking in and you have broken no law (assuming you were not trespassing).

It is is, on the other hand, illegal to slander someone - so post a picture and call some out for something they may not be guilty of could be a problem. In order for a slander case to be heard and/or eventually upheld there has to be bonafide evidence of damage done to the person who was slandered AND there has to be reasonable doubt the information was false (or unproven).

Newspapers get away with it as they are careful to say "allegedly" or "arrested" or "charged" or "suspected" as these can all be factual (and verified).

I am glad there is a picture posted of the suspected poachers - I would think the embarrassment alone may become a deterrent for some.

There is a small town in the US that post pictures of convicted criminals - and because the photos are public record and the court has convicted the person - there isn't a thing he/she can do about it.

I don't think Dago was out of line - there is more than enough evidence in that picture to suggest the fish were not of appropriate size.

Good on you !!! I hope someone who knows them calls them out - And I hope they get charged and convicted.

NEWB
07-06-2015, 10:54 AM
That is correct - you can post a photo of anyone anytime in any public place and there are zero laws broken. As a matter of fact - you can take a picture of me in my backyard or through one of my windows of my house looking in and you have broken no law (assuming you were not trespassing).

It is is, on the other hand, illegal to slander someone - so post a picture and call some out for something they may not be guilty of could be a problem. In order for a slander case to be heard and/or eventually upheld there has to be bonafide evidence of damage done to the person who was slandered AND there has to be reasonable doubt the information was false (or unproven).

Newspapers get away with it as they are careful to say "allegedly" or "arrested" or "charged" or "suspected" as these can all be factual (and verified).

I am glad there is a picture posted of the suspected poachers - I would think the embarrassment alone may become a deterrent for some.

There is a small town in the US that post pictures of convicted criminals - and because the photos are public record and the court has convicted the person - there isn't a thing he/she can do about it.

I don't think Dago was out of line - there is more than enough evidence in that picture to suggest the fish were not of appropriate size.

Good on you !!! I hope someone who knows them calls them out - And I hope they get charged and convicted.

Nailed it.

Those were some good pictures. Hopefully these guys are charged and convicted.

JD848
07-06-2015, 11:27 AM
I never said it was illegal to take someones picture in public,if their found guilty why put your butt in the line and let people know your out to nail every poacher,if he thinks it's okay in the way he did this than know big deal all the power to him.Just call up the local newspaper and let them take the heat off of you.

I hate poachers more than you can think and I didn't go on here to argue with know one.

I am just thinking about his safety,i use to live a small town and if someone found out you were a rat for anything they would burn your house down or bust your head one night coming out of the hotel and as soon as you got better they would bust your skull again.

I am not a violent person and I have never hurt know one in my life but I have heard and read news papers on what happens to some informants.

Times have changed in the mentality on how some people think,theirs crack heads,meth freiks all kinds off f/////up people.You don't know if the guy just got of jail or is a repeated offender and may try and stop you from turning him in.

Just go about it and keep nailing them but just be careful and good luck.

And yes if I never did anything wrong ,court or no court I would be very piissed off if you slander my face online and accuse me of doing something illegal ,it's called defamation of character.

Taking pics is no big deal but falsey accussing some

JD848
07-06-2015, 11:44 AM
I never said it was illegal to take someones picture in public,if their found guilty why put your butt on the line and let people know your out to nail every poacher,if he thinks it's okay in the way he did this than no big deal all the power to him.Just call up the local newspaper and let them take the heat off of you.

I hate poachers more than you can think and I didn't go on here to argue with know one.

I am just thinking about his safety,i use to live a small town and if someone found out you were a rat for anything they would burn your house down or bust your head one night coming out of the hotel and as soon as you got better they would bust your skull again.

I am not a violent person and I have never hurt no one in my life but I have heard and read news papers on what happens to some informants.

Times have changed in the mentality on how some people think,theirs crack heads,meth freiks all kinds off f/////up people.You don't know if the guy just got of jail or is a repeated offender and may try and stop you from turning him in.

Just go about it and keep nailing them but just be careful and good luck.

And yes if I never did anything wrong ,court or no court I would be very piissed off if you slander my face online and accuse me of doing something illegal ,it's called defamation of character.

Taking pics is no big deal but falsely accussing someone and falsely incriminating that person in public if he is totally innocent is just not right and if you think this is ok you need your head checked.

Some off you may not agree but I am 100 percent on his side and just trying to tell him to be very carefull,that's all. sorry must have touch the save changes the wrong way

CK Angler
07-06-2015, 12:41 PM
JD 848 you watch to much Gangland Television...

Keep taking pictures and keep calling them in! only good poacher is a busted poacher

Dale S
07-06-2015, 10:15 PM
Thanks for your concerns JD848. I guess we can't call them poachers until they are found guilty of poaching.

PerchBuster
07-07-2015, 09:17 AM
I don't know, I get that argument, innocent until proven guilty and being careful about accusations before the verdict is in and all but sometimes we just have to call a spade a spade. That water body is zero limit and a couple of those fish are clearly undersized. No tags attached to the fish, a clear attempt to conceal them, fishing with more than one rod and then when Dago calls out to them they split. Call them whatever you want, reserve judgement if you will, fair or unfair, the evidence is pretty convincing to me and I would suggest these 2 in the pics have totally brought all of this on themselves by way of their actions in this case. It is a certainty that it is illegal to possess fish from those waters.

PerchBuster
07-07-2015, 09:50 AM
Sorry, had Pine Coulée in my mind but this was Chin where the limit is 3 over 50cm so not a zero limit waterbody but those fish were still well under the slot length.

hacman
07-07-2015, 11:35 PM
Good on you for reporting Dago. I've confronted and corrected a few this year just fishing at the Hwy 36 bridge, which is an easy access point, can't imagine what goes on at the out of the way places.

Deo101
07-08-2015, 10:59 AM
I've seen these 2 poaching at CVR and they're not Mexican. Unfortunately I didn't have enough photographic evidence for them to be charged.

However by posting photos online like this, you may have just compromised the ongoing investigation. And the next guy you do this to maybe legitimately harvesting walleye.

Far better to report it to RAP directly.

How are you so sure they aren't Mexican? Not brown enough? I'd say by the clothes and mini van there's at least a 90% probability that they are in fact Mexican Mennonite....

THERICARDO
07-08-2015, 12:13 PM
I think most people don't understand this Mexican Mennonites thing,I work in a car dealership and many of them have come to purchase vehicles in last year or so... most people think of "Mexican" they assume tanned skin and traditional looking Mexican u see on TV but these Mennonites are all white folk haha... just a thought

Dale S
07-08-2015, 05:49 PM
By the language they were speaking. Maybe they just were recently poaching in Mexico and bought some clothes down there. The accelerated depreciating minivan they likely got here. And with all that poaching they're doing, they spend many hours in the sun.

These people speak in a low German.

Photohawk
07-08-2015, 10:33 PM
Dago you still have to testify in court you took pictures or they wont stand as evidence against the accused....good luck..

shorthair
07-13-2015, 03:10 PM
Dago any update on these guys? Just wondering if F&W did anything?

Also for everyone disputing the fact the men in the photo are not Mexican Mennonite...I can assure you these men ARE Mennonite! They live down the street from me!

greylynx
07-13-2015, 05:33 PM
Hello Mr. Dago.

Have any news interests contacted you yet?

This might be an interesting story to follow directly to the ADM of SRD.

KBF
07-13-2015, 06:08 PM

Some are just more prevalent and better at it than others.

CMichaud
07-13-2015, 06:59 PM
OK so can someone explain what is meant by Mexican Mennonite?

Never heard the term before

cranky
07-13-2015, 08:55 PM
They are descendants of the Dutch Mennonites. Most can still speak low German and some Dutch. They moved to Mexico cause they dont believe in schooling there kids after i believe grade 6. Canada and US wouldnt tolerate that so.

Mexico made a deal with them where they werent required to school there kids if they worked and bought the land that used to belong to the Hearst family who i think they (the Mennonites) worked for formerly. Hearst got in some trouble with Mexico if i remember my schooling correctly. Its fairly long and complicated i simply put a few things here. You can Google it for more info.

Guess i should add there are many different Mennonite groups and not all are from Holland. Many are Russian,German etc. And there all over not just Mexico.

Dago sorry for the sort of change of discussion. But the question as asked.

greylynx
07-13-2015, 09:10 PM
Mr. Dago:

If this is permissible by the AO head office could you please post the SRD case number on this site?

Lambo
07-13-2015, 11:12 PM
Wow! We still on the Mexican Mennonite thing?? Who cares if they are Mexican Mennonite or not. Does it make a difference??! Think about it people. A poacher is a poacher. Doesn't matter what ethnicity they are. Do you think the courts care? I think those who instantly point out and blame a person's ethnicity are prejudiced and racist. Hey racist: what are you gonna do? Are you going to try to prevent Mexican Mennonites from getting fishing license?? Good luck with that one!

Lambo
07-13-2015, 11:28 PM
Some are just more prevalent and better at it than others.

It only appears to be prevalent because you make a point of only specifically pointing out certain ethnic groups other than Caucasian.

"...and better at it than others."? Wow! How did you come up with this one?? Got any proof? Got any stats or data to back up your statement? Unbelievable!

SNAPFisher
07-14-2015, 12:19 AM
It only appears to be prevalent because you make a point of only specifically pointing out certain ethnic groups other than Caucasian.

"...and better at it than others."? Wow! How did you come up with this one?? Got any proof? Got any stats or data to back up your statement? Unbelievable!

A frickin-men! Nicely put Lambo and thanks for taking a stand.
Back to the original post, hopefully Dago has an update soon.

Kokanee9
07-14-2015, 10:56 AM
I thought this thread was about illegal walleye being taken.

Just like a book and it's cover, I guess you can't judge a thread by it's title.

Redfrog
07-14-2015, 12:12 PM
We need to be more aware of the feelings of poachers. That is all.:grouphugg:

Dale S
07-14-2015, 05:53 PM
A frickin-men! Nicely put Lambo and thanks for taking a stand.
Back to the original post, hopefully Dago has an update soon.

I talked to the officer doing the investigation today. He asked me if I'm willing to testify. I said yes I would.
He also told me of a case that was in court a couple weeks ago. Also involving walleye poached out of Chin during the closed season of this year.Is there a web site a guy can look for convictions in court. I would like to have the facts on hand before I say anymore.

greylynx
07-14-2015, 06:08 PM
I talked to the officer doing the investigation today. He asked me if I'm willing to testify. I said yes I would.
He also told me of a case that was in court a couple weeks ago. Also involving walleye poached out of Chin during the closed season of this year.Is there a web site a guy can look for convictions in court. I would like to have the facts on hand before I say anymore.

You must be dealing with SRD in Lethbridge.

Ask the case officer to tell you who the crown prosecutor assigned to the case is.

Contact the crown prosecutor and get every one of your questions answered before going to court. An assistant might be provided to help you.

Thank you very much Mr. Dago.

Best Wishes.:)

SNAPFisher
07-14-2015, 10:18 PM
You must be dealing with SRD in Lethbridge.

Ask the case officer to tell you who the crown prosecutor assigned to the case is.

Contact the crown prosecutor and get every one of your questions answered before going to court. An assistant might be provided to help you.

Thank you very much Mr. Dago.

Best Wishes.:)

X2. Best wishes and thanks for the update Dago

CK Angler
07-15-2015, 09:30 AM
These guys have been systematic in their poaching and have escaped previously. Thank you for taking the time to be prepared to go to court and doing the right thing.

X2

Dale S
07-15-2015, 12:09 PM
I found the facts in the court news in the Taber Times. Jacob Giesbrecht and Isaac Dick were convicted of fishing out of season and undersized fish. It happened At the forks May 3. Jacob had 7 fish and was fined $2000. Isaac had 13 fish and was fined $4000. Both forfeitedt there gear. Isaac is in Mexico right now. Bet he will not be back.

Granrey
07-15-2015, 12:14 PM
I found the facts in the court news in the Taber Times. Jacob Giesbrecht and Isaac Duck were convicted of fishing out of season and undersized fish. It happened At the forks May 3. Jacob had 7 fish and was fined $2000. Isaac had 13 fish and was fined $4000. Both forfeitedt there gear.

I wish they were forced to take a course letting them know why is wrong what they do. Plus some community work planting trees or a fish farm.

Fishslayer99
07-16-2015, 05:33 PM
I found the facts in the court news in the Taber Times. Jacob Giesbrecht and Isaac Dick were convicted of fishing out of season and undersized fish. It happened At the forks May 3. Jacob had 7 fish and was fined $2000. Isaac had 13 fish and was fined $4000. Both forfeitedt there gear. Isaac is in Mexico right now. Bet he will not be back.

Isaac is a Mexican citizen now and Jacob is about to claim bankruptcy...Sweet justice! I think they should do away with the fines and throw there a**es in the local penn for a couple of months. 7 and 13 fish must have temporarily forgot how to count...oh wait fishing season was not even open!!!

Redfrog
07-16-2015, 05:41 PM
Are these the same two guys in the original post?

Dale S
07-16-2015, 06:09 PM
Are these the same two guys in the original post?

No

HRFisher
07-16-2015, 07:12 PM
Isaac is a Mexican citizen now and Jacob is about to claim bankruptcy...

Court imposed fines aren't included in or extinguished by a bankruptcy proceeding; he's still going to be on the hook that 'debt to society'. But as usual, recovering it may be another matter.

greylynx
07-16-2015, 09:48 PM
Mr. Dago.

There appears to be quite a poaching operation going on poor old Chin.

Please keep us posted on your case.

I wonder why some of these parasites are never deported.

Redfrog
07-16-2015, 10:03 PM
Who ever gets deported for crimes in Canada.

They can't even find the ones who are under a deportation order

Dale S
07-17-2015, 05:16 AM
Mr. Dago.

There appears to be quite a poaching operation going on poor old Chin.

Please keep us posted on your case.

I wonder why some of these parasites are never deported.

Not sure how, but they have duel citizenship.

jwelds191
07-17-2015, 01:37 PM
everyone's an immigrant or of immigrant descent in canada from a variety of different countries and ethnicities unless they're native.

And if you're of native descent, you also get singled out for poaching by the immigrants.

People can be identified from being mennonite, ukrainian, european, asian, the list goes on.

The irony of this racism from the fishing community is amazing. The only label here should be "poacher", that we can likely all agree on (assuming they were poaching :-) ).

booooom! Preach brother!

CMichaud
07-17-2015, 01:47 PM
Ahh the irony of racism. We are all immigrants except first nations.

Think about it...

Bushrat
07-17-2015, 04:08 PM

They are immigrants also.

Deo101
07-17-2015, 04:49 PM

Think about it...

It's not Racism. It's guys coming from Mexico carrying the same attitude towards the law as they had while in Mexico.

Not much different than trying to implement Sharia law here...respect what we have here otherwise head back.