PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon lake

fishfofun
07-04-2015, 11:22 PM
I Really want to try out pigeon lake since I don't live far from there. I normally fish wabamun for pike. Are there pike in pigeon? and if so are you allowed to keep them? A buddy of mine really wants to try pike:/

Mackinaw
07-04-2015, 11:32 PM
I Really want to try out pigeon lake since I don't live far from there. I normally fish wabamun for pike. Are there pike in pigeon? and if so are you allowed to keep them? A buddy of mine really wants to try pike:/

Yes and yes ..1 over 100cm

Mack

Lefty-Canuck
07-04-2015, 11:40 PM

The likeliness of catching a keeper Pike in Pigeon now is extremely small....it needs to be a meter long to keep.

LC

Red Bullets
07-05-2015, 01:33 AM
The likeliness of catching a keeper Pike in Pigeon now is extremely small....it needs to be a meter long to keep.

LC

X2

There is a few, key word..few.
About 5 years ago I bought some fish (legally) from the commercial fishermen on the ice as they pulled nets. I bought the one big pike he caught during the pull. 110 cm. length x 68 cm. girth. Approx. 32 lb.

Also, a couple years ago I saw a big pike follow my hook in one time that looked well over 100 cm.

So that's 2 big pike I knew personally over 50 years of fishing Pigeon quite often.

Bushrat
07-05-2015, 08:51 AM
Only ever fished Pigeon once, 3 or 4 years ago, caught a 24 lb jack and lots of skinny walleye.