PDA

View Full Version : Walleye tags ?

nhadevil
07-06-2015, 12:04 PM
Hi all. Yesterday I decided to try my new boat on Battle Lake and I caught 9 or 10 walleye but they were all C&R anyway so i did some research and seems like only Buck Lake that I can keep 1 walleye >50cm without tag system. I purchased the Walleye Class C (Undersubscribed) in Iosegun Lake. After paying ~4$ for the draw, it showed up the enter tags screen which i have no clue how to fill those 3 tags number. I just came to Canada and this is my first time fishing. Please tell me what should I do next to get the tags ? And why I paid only 4$ when it should be ~ 11$ on the website ? I do read the FAQ on their website but it was confusing. Thanks a lot!

Gerv
07-06-2015, 12:55 PM
easiest way would be to go to a license issuer. canadian tire, sport store, hardware store etc. tell them you were drawn for tags and need them to provide you with the tags and print the liscense for the tags. that is where the $11 comes in. they will take your win # see that you are eligible for tags and do the rest for you.

Lefty-Canuck
07-06-2015, 01:06 PM
Hi all. Yesterday I decided to try my new boat on Battle Lake and I caught 9 or 10 walleye but they were all C&R anyway so i did some research and seems like only Buck Lake that I can keep 1 walleye >50cm without tag system. I purchased the Walleye Class C (Undersubscribed) in Iosegun Lake. After paying ~4$ for the draw, it showed up the enter tags screen which i have no clue how to fill those 3 tags number. I just came to Canada and this is my first time fishing. Please tell me what should I do next to get the tags ? And why I paid only 4$ when it should be ~ 11$ on the website ? I do read the FAQ on their website but it was confusing. Thanks a lot!

You do one of two things....go to a license issuer that has tags and purchase them there. OR you contact the system admins (on the AlbertaRELM site) and put in a request to have them send you tags (best done by calling them). They will send you tags to your desired address once you obtain those tags you can enter the number on the tag to purchase/process things online.

Remember this is not a free for all print and use whatever tags you want....you have to have the physical tags in hand before you can enter the numbers. The tags are one time enter only and are only valid for the license you assign them to.

If time is of the essence or your understanding of the system limited, go to your local license/tag issuer they will know what to do.

LC

Habfan
07-06-2015, 03:27 PM
The $4 was for applying for the draw ! Now you go to a liscence issuer and pay $11 for the actual tags !

xring_assassin
07-06-2015, 04:07 PM

Buck lake has lots of 49cm walleye in there...HAHAHA. I live nearby and typically catch only ONE 51cm walleye there per year. I caught one through the ice in January - I'm not optimistic that a second one will bite anytime soon.

Battle lake sure is something for IDIOTS hey? Between guys getting so close to your boat that they could reach in and grab your lunch and even more guys SPEEDING all over the lake, ignoring the 12km/hr speed limit - it gets a bit frustrating. The odd real dandy walleye to fight in there though.

nhadevil
07-07-2015, 08:43 AM
Thanks a lot guys. How is Iosegun lake this year ? I was told that the lake is getting fished out and sizes are too small ?