PDA

View Full Version : NSR levels

yardslave
07-06-2015, 06:43 PM
Been fishing the river heavy in the last few weeks and noticed how much the level drops after 6:00pm. Also live above Dawson Park and can see the sandbars coming out of the water at usually the same time. Anybody know why? Didnt see this much last year. Looks like goin to be a dry summer.

stubblejumper01
07-06-2015, 07:23 PM
That's from the output from the Big Horn dam at Abraham Lake and Brazeau dam. During peak hours of electricity use the outflow increases and then decrease as usage goes down. It takes time to reach downstream

FlyTheory
07-06-2015, 08:16 PM
Its been very low from what I've seen. Fishing for me and my friends has been relatively slow.

Marsha
07-06-2015, 08:35 PM
I was out on the river in my boat today the water levels are like late sept, lower than ever, but in a fun note at noon I was in the area of the *******
and with in one minute saw 4 sturgeons 2' to 4'+ jumping , one was so close if I had twitch the wheel I may of had it in my boat..:sHa_shakeshout:

PS ****** decode this for location:thinking-006:

waterninja
07-07-2015, 09:36 AM
Is a little interesting this year on the NSR. Water levels are lower, and water must be warmer then ussual, as bite is slower then last few years. Also I have noticed healthy, thick weed beds have established themselfs 20-30' offshore that you have to contend with.

FlyTheory
07-07-2015, 09:54 AM
Is a little interesting this year on the NSR. Water levels are lower, and water must be warmer then ussual, as bite is slower then last few years. Also I have noticed healthy, thick weed beds have established themselfs 20-30' offshore that you have to contend with.

And there doesn't seem to be any pike in them :(

yardslave
07-07-2015, 03:28 PM
Caught some pike earlier this year but the rest have all been walleye. Biggest about 4 lb..